Atunzuman

Audiopipe TXX-BD2 vs TXX-BD4

I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I name any newcomer mistakes! 

I apologize if this is a rudimentary question, but I was wondering if there are big enough differences between the following 12" subs that would warrant me opting for either the BD3 / BD4 over the BD2, and if so, what would I also need to purchase/upgrade to acclimate this. One of my Audiopipe TXX BD2s blew after heavy usage, so I was wondering if I should just buy another one since the right sub still works, or if its worth the extra hundred or so to upgrade. (Meaning I'd buy two BD4s rather than just one BD2 to replace the blown one). 

Here is an album with some pictures of the setup: Click Here for album.

*Note: The Amp settings had not been adjusted since purchasing the vehicle as it was mounted down out of reach. 

I bought a car used and the previous owner left his sound system already hooked up. From what I can see, it came with the following:

• Two Audiopipe TXX-BD2 12" subs inside a ported(?) QBOMB box. (However the left subwoofer blew)

• 1600w Audiopipe Amp

• Extra Battery that helps support the system (?)

• Stock 4.3 Touchscreen Uconnect Head Unit (Dodge Charger 2013)

I appreciate and response greatly!

Edited by Atunzuman

On 12/29/2018 at 9:57 PM, Atunzuman said:

I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I name any newcomer mistakes! 

I apologize if this is a rudimentary question, but I was wondering if there are big enough differences between the following 12" subs that would warrant me opting for either the BD3 / BD4 over the BD2, and if so, what would I also need to purchase/upgrade to acclimate this. One of my Audiopipe TXX BD2s blew after heavy usage, so I was wondering if I should just buy another one since the right sub still works, or if its worth the extra hundred or so to upgrade. (Meaning I'd buy two BD4s rather than just one BD2 to replace the blown one). 

Here is an album with some pictures of the setup: Click Here for album.

*Note: The Amp settings had not been adjusted since purchasing the vehicle as it was mounted down out of reach. 

I bought a car used and the previous owner left his sound system already hooked up. From what I can see, it came with the following:

• Two Audiopipe TXX-BD2 12" subs inside a ported(?) QBOMB box. (However the left subwoofer blew)

• 1600w Audiopipe Amp

• Extra Battery that helps support the system (?)

• Stock 4.3 Touchscreen Uconnect Head Unit (Dodge Charger 2013)

I appreciate and response greatly!

are we ok to spam some goofy funny shit on this post since your question is already being addressed in your other thread? :D

Edited by youdoofus

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

illallowit.jpg

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

16 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

are we ok to spam some goofy funny shit on this post since your question is already being addressed in your other thread? :D

😂😂Beats me, you doofus! I'm sure that's the first time you've heard that play on your username 😏😆

Looking to upgrade and using this amp?..

dt5Or3.jpg

Lotsa choices you could go with that would be a much better option than those Audiopipe subs in a Qbomb IMO.

What vehicle are you working with?

Is building/getting a new enclosure out of the question?

More information is usually best for solid recommendations.

JVC KD-X350BTS, Sundown Sa-15 5.7ft3 net ported @ 43hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

11 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Looking to upgrade and using this amp?..

dt5Or3.jpg

Lotsa choices you could go with that would be a much better option than those Audiopipe subs in a Qbomb IMO.

What vehicle are you working with?

Is building/getting a new enclosure out of the question?

More information is usually best for solid recommendations.

Well I was thinking the enclosure was decent but I could be mistaken as I am a novice. 

Building myself is out of the question, but ordering maybe not. 

I'm working with a 2013 Dodge Charger. 

9 minutes ago, Atunzuman said:

Building myself is out of the question,

I see that response all the time.. To Diy an enclosure is not hard and inexpensive

All it takes is a few bux and some effort... really, it's easy and totally worth it IMO.

Ordering a true custom enclosure can get pricey AF.

JVC KD-X350BTS, Sundown Sa-15 5.7ft3 net ported @ 43hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

1 hour ago, Atunzuman said:

😂😂Beats me, you doofus! I'm sure that's the first time you've heard that play on your username 😏😆

first time evaaaar :D

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

25 minutes ago, Atunzuman said:

Well I was thinking the enclosure was decent but I could be mistaken as I am a novice. 

Building myself is out of the question, but ordering maybe not. 

I'm working with a 2013 Dodge Charger. 

there are far worse enclosures out there, trust me. But custom is the way to go. and specific to your subs too. youll notice a huge difference. and that amp... ugh.... that amp LOL

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

30 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

there are far worse enclosures out there, trust me. But custom is the way to go. and specific to your subs too. youll notice a huge difference. and that amp... ugh.... that amp LOL

😅😅 Well dang lmao I guess it goes to show that there are levels to this! 

If I were to sell the sub and box and amp on Craigslist or something, what do you reckon I could get for them? 

9 hours ago, Atunzuman said:

If I were to sell the sub and box and amp on Craigslist or something, what do you reckon I could get for them? 

yeah, each sub will perform differently based upon the specific t/s parameters theyre built to

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

I also think you can do a lot better than Audiopipe... I dont know what the infatuation is, but on all the FB car audio pages people talk like Audiopipe and Skar are on the same level as say Crescendo, Incriminator, DC, SSA, DD, Ampere, just to name a few, but ppl really put them up on a pedestal like they're top of the line equipment... dont understand...

30 minutes ago, Mitchc1113 said:

I dont know what the infatuation is, but ppl really put them up on a pedestal like they're top of the line equipment... dont understand...

Them FB folks likely be ON the pipe, like reviews you can see on amazon or whatnot...

How 2 $50 Pioneer 12's broke the Windshield, and handle that 6000 watt amp they bought for $130

21 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Them FB folks likely be ON the pipe, like reviews you can see on amazon or whatnot...

How 2 $50 Pioneer 12's broke the Windshield, and handle that 6000 watt amp they bought for $130

LMAO!!! Thats some funny Stuff man

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

On 12/31/2018 at 4:40 PM, Atunzuman said:

I dont think you would do very well to be honest..It would prob be in your best interest to run what you have for now, and save some funds up and get what you want for that vehicle that suites your needs and wants.may be a good time right around Income tax returns to get a decent sub/pair of subs, and a good tuned enclosure DIY with some help, or have one made.Utilize the amplifier till you replace it.I myself would prob buy another sub and replace the blown one or just seal that box up and run the one left in there and tune it best I could.Save some funds and buy what Id want piece by piece until you get what you want for your car.One good 12 on some decent power and a nicely tuned box on substage will out perform a pair in a poorly tuned/ prefab enclosure with fair power and amp tuned poorly with poor to fair supply.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

For now, I mean.. Run what you have and make the best of it for now. At the least.. Build a DIY enclosure for that one sub and tuned and set those gains properly on that amp and run it. Sit down.. do some research..make a list of what you want to do with that car, and make a budget/max fund build.and get some gear you know will serve well and add to it.What Id do.Get that Big 3 done min as well and run what you have till then.Thats me.. Id rather spend some $ on an enclosure for that one sub at the moment

I mean, money isn't really an issue, but I didn't want to spend more than I had too to get a decent system.

I was looking into maybe buying two of these 15 inch subs:

Hey Boss! What do you think about me being two of these, they look any good? 

Audiopipe 15" Woofer 2800 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07194X774/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aHKnCbDAVKPGP

However it seems the general consensus here is that Audiopipe = 🚮 💩 lol.  It comes as a surprise to me before for the most part before it gave out, my old model BD2s (and they were used when I got them too) bumped pretty hard from what I could tell. 

If I were to get two subs that have as much power or can push as hard as the one I just linked, what Amp would yall recommend? And what is a general cost range do you think it'd fall under? 

(Amp + Two Subs + Maybe Custom Box, maybe not) 

Edited by Atunzuman
Detail

18 minutes ago, Atunzuman said:

I mean, money isn't really an issue, but I didn't want to spend more than I had too to get a decent system.

Audiopipe 15" Woofer 2800 Watts Dual 4 Ohm Vc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07194X774/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_aHKnCbDAVKPGP

However it seems the general consensus here is that Audiopipe = 🚮 💩 lol.  It comes as a surprise to me before for the most part before it gave out, my old model BD2s (and they were used when I got them too) bumped pretty hard from what I could tell. 

If I were to get two subs that have as much power or can push as hard as the one I just linked, what Amp would yall recommend? And what is a general cost range do you think it'd fall under? 

You can buy a $600 sub and place it in a $100 prefab box  and and sound like azz and prob wouldnt last 4-6 months and you are digging back into your pockets again, or you could spend $250 on a sub and $250 on a tuned enclosure for that sub and designed for that type of vehicle and out perform, outlast and sound amazing compared to what you just threw in there.The enclosure for any sub is what makes it perform at its potential along with the right power and built within its environment. Ive had some Cheap azzed Lanzar Max Pro 10s ($34 bucks ea at the time)in seperate enclosures in a 90/240Z that were tuned to right around 34 htz in 1.6 cu ft, and they banged theyre azzes off on an old mean machine 99 on ea sub.You are going need some fairly decent power to serve some justice out of a trunk install to be honest.Ill hit this thread again tomorrow.. In other words.. Dont put a bandaide on an opened up wound

36 minutes ago, Atunzuman said:

1 hour ago, Atunzuman said:

Lotta room for improvement here, some thinking going on I see. Nice to see someone open to ideas. I'd eventually go with a custom enclosure that's tuned to your musical tastes and designed for your sub ( or 2) maximizing your power and configured for your vehicle... that's more important than whatever brand/type you buy IMO (buy quality please). I wish you could demo a single 15  done correctly.... it might open your eyes a bit

If you're willing to sacrifice the space a custom designed/built enclosure is the way to go

And get off the pipe man... figuratively speaking of course... :graduate:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now