Audiopipe TXX-BD2 vs TXX-BD4

Participant count
  • Participants list

Atunzuman

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I name any newcomer mistakes! 

I apologize if this is a rudimentary question, but I was wondering if there are big enough differences between the following 12" subs that would warrant me opting for either the BD3 / BD4 over the BD2, and if so, what would I also need to purchase/upgrade to acclimate this. One of my Audiopipe TXX BD2s blew after heavy usage, so I was wondering if I should just buy another one since the right sub still works, or if its worth the extra hundred or so to upgrade. (Meaning I'd buy two BD4s rather than just one BD2 to replace the blown one). 

Here is an album with some pictures of the setup: Click Here for album.

*Note: The Amp settings had not been adjusted since purchasing the vehicle as it was mounted down out of reach. 

I bought a car used and the previous owner left his sound system already hooked up. From what I can see, it came with the following:

• Two Audiopipe TXX-BD2 12" subs inside a ported(?) QBOMB box. (However the left subwoofer blew)

• 1600w Audiopipe Amp

• Extra Battery that helps support the system (?)

• Stock 4.3 Touchscreen Uconnect Head Unit (Dodge Charger 2013)

I appreciate and response greatly!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I name any newcomer mistakes! 

I apologize if this is a rudimentary question, but I was wondering if there are big enough differences between the following 12" subs that would warrant me opting for either the BD3 / BD4 over the BD2, and if so, what would I also need to purchase/upgrade to acclimate this. One of my Audiopipe TXX BD2s blew after heavy usage, so I was wondering if I should just buy another one since the right sub still works, or if its worth the extra hundred or so to upgrade. (Meaning I'd buy two BD4s rather than just one BD2 to replace the blown one). 

Here is an album with some pictures of the setup: Click Here for album.

*Note: The Amp settings had not been adjusted since purchasing the vehicle as it was mounted down out of reach. 

I bought a car used and the previous owner left his sound system already hooked up. From what I can see, it came with the following:

• Two Audiopipe TXX-BD2 12" subs inside a ported(?) QBOMB box. (However the left subwoofer blew)

• 1600w Audiopipe Amp

• Extra Battery that helps support the system (?)

• Stock 4.3 Touchscreen Uconnect Head Unit (Dodge Charger 2013)

I appreciate and response greatly!
are we ok to spam some goofy funny **** on this post since your question is already being addressed in your other thread? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
illallowit.jpg

Looking to upgrade and using this amp?..

dt5Or3.jpg

Lotsa choices you could go with that would be a much better option than those Audiopipe subs in a Qbomb IMO.

What vehicle are you working with?

Is building/getting a new enclosure out of the question?

More information is usually best for solid recommendations.

Looking to upgrade and using this amp?..

Lotsa choices you could go with that would be a much better option than those Audiopipe subs in a Qbomb IMO.

What vehicle are you working with?

Is building/getting a new enclosure out of the question?

More information is usually best for solid recommendations.
Well I was thinking the enclosure was decent but I could be mistaken as I am a novice. 

Building myself is out of the question, but ordering maybe not. 

I'm working with a 2013 Dodge Charger. 

Building myself is out of the question,
I see that response all the time.. To Diy an enclosure is not hard and inexpensive

All it takes is a few bux and some effort... really, it's easy and totally worth it IMO.

Ordering a true custom enclosure can get pricey AF.

Well I was thinking the enclosure was decent but I could be mistaken as I am a novice. 

Building myself is out of the question, but ordering maybe not. 

I'm working with a 2013 Dodge Charger. 
there are far worse enclosures out there, trust me. But custom is the way to go. and specific to your subs too. youll notice a huge difference. and that amp... ugh.... that amp LOL

there are far worse enclosures out there, trust me. But custom is the way to go. and specific to your subs too. youll notice a huge difference. and that amp... ugh.... that amp LOL
😅😅 Well dang lmao I guess it goes to show that there are levels to this! 

If I were to sell the sub and box and amp on Craigslist or something, what do you reckon I could get for them? 

I also think you can do a lot better than Audiopipe... I dont know what the infatuation is, but on all the FB car audio pages people talk like Audiopipe and Skar are on the same level as say Crescendo, Incriminator, DC, SSA, DD, Ampere, just to name a few, but ppl really put them up on a pedestal like they're top of the line equipment... dont understand...

I dont know what the infatuation is, but ppl really put them up on a pedestal like they're top of the line equipment... dont understand...
Them FB folks likely be ON the pipe, like reviews you can see on amazon or whatnot...

How 2 $50 Pioneer 12's broke the Windshield, and handle that 6000 watt amp they bought for $130

😅😅 Well dang lmao I guess it goes to show that there are levels to this! 

If I were to sell the sub and box and amp on Craigslist or something, what do you reckon I could get for them? 
I dont think you would do very well to be honest..It would prob be in your best interest to run what you have for now, and save some funds up and get what you want for that vehicle that suites your needs and wants.may be a good time right around Income tax returns to get a decent sub/pair of subs, and a good tuned enclosure DIY with some help, or have one made.Utilize the amplifier till you replace it.I myself would prob buy another sub and replace the blown one or just seal that box up and run the one left in there and tune it best I could.Save some funds and buy what Id want piece by piece until you get what you want for your car.One good 12 on some decent power and a nicely tuned box on substage will out perform a pair in a poorly tuned/ prefab enclosure with fair power and amp tuned poorly with poor to fair supply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.