2 dvc sub wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris Caperton

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok car audio gurus I need some help asap! I need some help understanding how to wire my setup. Here is what i have: 

2 Sundown SA10-2 ohm dvc

1 RF T1500.1 

My question is: If my box has 2 terminals (1 for each sub), can I wire each sub to 2 ohms to each terminal and then to the amp or would I be changing the ohms into the amp by doing that? Its a mono amp although has 2 pos and 2 neg speaker inputs.

Everything I can find only shows how to hook them up by drilling through the center divider and then a single line into the amp but my box will not allow this based on its design. 

Please help!!!

Pictures for reference would also be nice. I'm an idiot with this stuff. 

If there dvc shouldn't the box have 8 terminals?  Each coil has a + and - for total of 8 connections.   You might have to unscrew the subs and check the wireing in side. 

Once you find out how they are inside the box,  heres what you need to do.

Dfg1tEe.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. 

If there dvc shouldn't the box have 8 terminals?  Each coil has a + and - for total of 8 connections.   You might have to unscrew the subs and check the wireing in side. 

Once you find out how they are inside the box,  heres what you need to do.

Dragonsyph - you are correct that there are 8 terminals total on the subs. I was referring to the speaker output terminals on the box itself. The subs have not been installed yet. Everything is brand new. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.