Intense buzzing when ignition turned to "on"

Participant count
  • Participants list

gmpisawresome

I just bought a Kenwood 9903s and have it wired up and working. However, there is hissing in the accessory ignition position and a lot of very noticeable buzzing when turned to the on position. I have grounded the radio to both the stock harness and the chassis. Interesting thing is I hear a relay switch when going from on to acc, and the intense hissing immediately stops once you that relay switches. I have the jbl premium sound system in this Toyota Celica, so I have 4 rcas coming out if the harness and into my radio. What should I do?

I just bought a Kenwood 9903s and have it wired up and working. However, there is hissing in the accessory ignition position and a lot of very noticeable buzzing when turned to the on position. I have grounded the radio to both the stock harness and the chassis. Interesting thing is I hear a relay switch when going from on to acc, and the intense hissing immediately stops once you that relay switches. I have the jbl premium sound system in this Toyota Celica, so I have 4 rcas coming out if the harness and into my radio. What should I do?
did the old stock deck have rca's going out of it too? might be providing the stock amp too much voltage

Sorry for such a late response. I am almost positive that it was that because after bypassing the amp, it was much quieter. Thank you for your help, now I can listen to clean music!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.