small system with clear sound

Participant count
  • Participants list

mahmoud1919

CarAudio.com Newbie
hi all

i want to use

jbl gt7 6c component 2way in front doors with power handling peak 150 watt (4ohm)

jbl gto 628 2way  with power handling: (180peak) ( 60 watt rms) (2ohm)  on rear shelf and 1000 watt subwoofer with kenwood kmm bt502dab it has just one rca exit.

which amp power should i use with this ? and will this system give a clear sound or use 3way 6x9 jbl gx 963 400 watt on rear shelf with no subwoofer.

Hello there mate!

Get a 4 channel car amplifier and a 4 channel 4 gauge wiring kit; Make sure your amplifier has variable high pass/ low pass settings;

With a four channel amp you can run a set of RCA's from your head unit and then using Y adapters, you can add 4 channels to a two channel RCA outputs.

Alternatively, you can buy a high to low converter and use the front speaker outputs from your head unit to have a low (RCA) output;

By taking this approach, you would be able to use your fader from your head unit to phase out front and rear channels to your liking.

Most 4 channel amp will handle a two ohm load so that is no issue there but since your front speakers are 4 ohms and the rear, 2 ohms, the sound will be shifted to the rear of the car and since 6x9 speakers are more efficient than front speakers, you will have to set the gains on the amplifier so that the front sound stage is louder than the rear speakers.  Once it is all installed, just play around with it until you set it to your liking. 

Also use the high pass filters for your front speakers, say at 80hz and then experiment with the rear until you are happy with how it all ties up, You may run the rear at full range but that depends how you would like your sound.  Engaging the low pass on your amplifier to run the rear 6x9 JBL's will run like 8 inch subwoofers then you will get vocals from front and the rear will provide the 'thump'.  Whichever way you decide to go is you choice as you should enjoy your sound system. I did not speculate on a particular brand of gear since I left that to you to determine once you go to a car audio shop and advise them of using your speakers to run them.

If you are not competent on running those power/ ground/ remote/ 2 x sets of RCAS in your car then best to leave it to the experts to do the job for you.

You will also get warranty for the install so if you do have any issues you can always contact them.

Good luck with it all mate!

hi all

i want to use

jbl gt7 6c component 2way in front doors with power handling peak 150 watt (4ohm)

jbl gto 628 2way  with power handling: (180peak) ( 60 watt rms) (2ohm)  on rear shelf and 1000 watt subwoofer with kenwood kmm bt502dab it has just one rca exit.

which amp power should i use with this ? and will this system give a clear sound or use 3way 6x9 jbl gx 963 400 watt on rear shelf with no subwoofer.
cheapest solution would be to sell your head unit and get a proper head unit with 3 pairs of RCA outputs. Your current head unit wont be capable of putting out anything worthwhile sound quality wise anyways. Internal head unit DACs matter a lot on how good your sound will be and that particular one has horrible dacs. min requirements for a good head unit is 3 pairs of 4 volt or higher RCA outputs, 13 band EQ, time alignment, 24 bit dac (burr brown preferable).  It literally avoids all terrible situations like this when you dont cheap out on the head unit from the start.  Otherwise you can use triple RCA splitters or line out convertors and ghetto rig the setup if money is really tight and you just want basic sound.

Hello there mate!

Get a 4 channel car amplifier and a 4 channel 4 gauge wiring kit; Make sure your amplifier has variable high pass/ low pass settings;

With a four channel amp you can run a set of RCA's from your head unit and then using Y adapters, you can add 4 channels to a two channel RCA outputs.

Alternatively, you can buy a high to low converter and use the front speaker outputs from your head unit to have a low (RCA) output;

By taking this approach, you would be able to use your fader from your head unit to phase out front and rear channels to your liking.

Most 4 channel amp will handle a two ohm load so that is no issue there but since your front speakers are 4 ohms and the rear, 2 ohms, the sound will be shifted to the rear of the car and since 6x9 speakers are more efficient than front speakers, you will have to set the gains on the amplifier so that the front sound stage is louder than the rear speakers.  Once it is all installed, just play around with it until you set it to your liking. 

Also use the high pass filters for your front speakers, say at 80hz and then experiment with the rear until you are happy with how it all ties up, You may run the rear at full range but that depends how you would like your sound.  Engaging the low pass on your amplifier to run the rear 6x9 JBL's will run like 8 inch subwoofers then you will get vocals from front and the rear will provide the 'thump'.  Whichever way you decide to go is you choice as you should enjoy your sound system. I did not speculate on a particular brand of gear since I left that to you to determine once you go to a car audio shop and advise them of using your speakers to run them.

If you are not competent on running those power/ ground/ remote/ 2 x sets of RCAS in your car then best to leave it to the experts to do the job for you.

You will also get warranty for the install so if you do have any issues you can always contact them.

Good luck with it all mate!
thank you so much 

i am not in usa

in my country it's hard to find good sound technichals and i am also like that have know idea about sound systems 

so i asked here 

then find an easy way to do this to my car.

cheapest solution would be to sell your head unit and get a proper head unit with 3 pairs of RCA outputs. Your current head unit wont be capable of putting out anything worthwhile sound quality wise anyways. Internal head unit DACs matter a lot on how good your sound will be and that particular one has horrible dacs. min requirements for a good head unit is 3 pairs of 4 volt or higher RCA outputs, 13 band EQ, time alignment, 24 bit dac (burr brown preferable).  It literally avoids all terrible situations like this when you dont cheap out on the head unit from the start.  Otherwise you can use triple RCA splitters or line out convertors and ghetto rig the setup if money is really tight and you just want basic sound.
Thank you so much 

ok let's assume that there is a head unit with three rca pre out what we will do?.

but what about dac is that should be built in in all of head units even if it has no cd player i searched for head units that i can buy and will has those specs that you refered to at your reply and found that 

kmm bt304

but there is no dac at all of its specs 

https://www.kenwood.eu/car/receivers/bt-receivers/KMM-BT304/

Thank you so much 

ok let's assume that there is a head unit with three rca pre out what we will do?.

but what about dac is that should be built in in all of head units even if it has no cd player i searched for head units that i can buy and will has those specs that you refered to at your reply and found that 

kmm bt304

but there is no dac at all of its specs 

https://www.kenwood.eu/car/receivers/bt-receivers/KMM-BT304/
the dac is actually specified in the specs, its a 24 bit dac. The head unit checks out just fine.  Sell your current head unit and grab that and you'll be solid.

the dac is actually specified in the specs, its a 24 bit dac. The head unit checks out just fine.  Sell your current head unit and grab that and you'll be solid.
ok i will grab kmm bt 304 soon 

but still something that i want to know 

2way  speakers with subwoofer 

or just 3way speakers what would be more clear

ok i will grab kmm bt 304 soon 

but still something that i want to know 

2way  speakers with subwoofer 

or just 3way speakers what would be more clear
always the option with the subwoofer.

edit: reasoning why is when you force door or rear deck speakers to play bass, they will distort and your overall clean output gets limited vs door speakers on a high pass filter focusing purely on mids and highs while the sub handles the low end.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much 

and i will need your help in installation and editing settings but some time until get my head unit.

can i run 2 pairs of speakers and subwoofwr on an amp with 4channels

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.