Sign in to follow this  
Wiz Khalifla_85

15 Recommendation

Hello everyone,

I have a 3.81cu ft enclosure with an external 6in aeroport. Max length of the external port I can do is 24in. Any recommendations for a 15 under 1000rms?

22 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Budget? Listening goals?

Mostly DJ Russticals 27hz to 40hz. No more than $300 and under 50lbs.

Sundown SA 15 or FU Audio 750 15.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Alomg with the previoualy mentioned subs the XFL 15 would be good, DD715 would be at the upper end of your budget but is a very good performer. 

giphy.gif

SA 15"

Refs-Skip01, Jmanjr, goodie, DubbDesigns, joem1cha3l, Kawasaki STX-R, audiobahnuser18, djhn9, Jeeper09, cityboy21, sporty_drew, FLOSSINON24S, wong05tsx, thaster, Acizzle423, soloXgt, mobeious, Cloak559, ldyzlvudis06, pickup1

I see 3 recommendations for the SA15. How does this driver sound/perform? Would this be more of a loud shake the bolts off my car/cone flapping noise or is there good sound output too?

1 hour ago, Wiz Khalifla_85 said:

I see 3 recommendations for the SA15. How does this driver sound/perform? Would this be more of a loud shake the bolts off my car/cone flapping noise or is there good sound output too?

Entry level sundown is what I would call a "safe bet". It's not gonna blow your mind but it won't disappoint. 

Since your budget is decent I would lean towards something else to be honest. These two sub are custom made units with USA motors/voice coils that will offer a great balance of output and SQ. Both very good choices for daily drivers. 

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/hellion-15-950w-subwoofer-by-ssa/ 

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/lethal-injection-15-incriminator-audio-15-1000w-lethal-injection-series.html

8 hours ago, Wiz Khalifla_85 said:

They get loud and sound pretty good to me. put it in 3.5cf with the 1000rms you are talking about and you will be impressed. I have 2 sa 15s on 3k in my car and they get down. Great all around daily driver IMO

Refs-Skip01, Jmanjr, goodie, DubbDesigns, joem1cha3l, Kawasaki STX-R, audiobahnuser18, djhn9, Jeeper09, cityboy21, sporty_drew, FLOSSINON24S, wong05tsx, thaster, Acizzle423, soloXgt, mobeious, Cloak559, ldyzlvudis06, pickup1

8 hours ago, Wiz Khalifla_85 said:

is there good sound output too?

Do you mean Spl wise?.. or good Sq type sound?.. I'm very happy with mine... 😁

As far as output goes I'm impressed and the power handling is nothing to sneeze at either.

For a 750 watt sub it's impressive IMHO

JVC KD-X350BTS, Sundown Sa-15 5.7ft3 net ported @ 43hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

I've been beatin my 15w3v2 for sometime now and I really love this driver. Lately I've been wanting to turn the volume up to get a little louder with the same quality sound. Unfortunately if I add anymore power I'll start cooking it. This leads me towards finding a new 15 that'll sound just as good but take more power. From what I've read most drivers these days have super stiff suspension therefore the sound output wont be as smooth/clean as my 15w3.

I've checked the DD Audio website and see they have a Power Tuned 3500 Series 15 and a HiDef Tuned 3000 Series 15 with the choice of soft, regular or stiff suspension. Anyone have any experience with these?

SSA Hellion for sure.  On sale and made in the USA: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/hellion-15-950w-subwoofer-by-ssa/

CarAudio.com mod(original)

18 minutes ago, denim said:

SSA Hellion for sure.  On sale and made in the USA: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/hellion-15-950w-subwoofer-by-ssa/

The Hellion requires 3.00-3.50ft^3 @ 28-33hz w/15.25^2 of port per cube. I've got 3.76cu ft with a 6in aero with 28.26in total. That's 7.52 per cube. Will that be ok since it's an aero?

2 hours ago, Wiz Khalifla_85 said:

The Hellion requires 3.00-3.50ft^3 @ 28-33hz w/15.25^2 of port per cube. I've got 3.76cu ft with a 6in aero with 28.26in total. That's 7.52 per cube. Will that be ok since it's an aero?

Aero ports typically can get away with half the port area of a slot design so I'd say your good. The only subs I'd see problems with are the super high excursion ones

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

On 12/28/2018 at 3:50 PM, Wiz Khalifla_85 said:

Yes, sounds good.  The box suggestions I have listed on the SSA Site, are not requirements, but suggestions, so don't feel like you are missing out or have to stick exactly to it.  ;)

On 12/30/2018 at 2:13 AM, Wiz Khalifla_85 said:

Does the Hellion loosen up pretty good after break in? 

Yes, if you option for the extra spider, it will be just a little longer of a break in period.

"Fs. 28.5 / 27.9 hz"

nice!

Alpine 9887, Oz ME 180CS, RF R500X1D, 12" RE SE Sealed, Second Skin Damp Pro

A bunch of 10's and 15's have gone out recently, looking forward to some build pix.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this