15 Recommendation

I see 3 recommendations for the SA15. How does this driver sound/perform? Would this be more of a loud shake the bolts off my car/cone flapping noise or is there good sound output too?
Entry level sundown is what I would call a "safe bet". It's not gonna blow your mind but it won't disappoint. 

Since your budget is decent I would lean towards something else to be honest. These two sub are custom made units with USA motors/voice coils that will offer a great balance of output and SQ. Both very good choices for daily drivers. 

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/hellion-15-950w-subwoofer-by-ssa/ 

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/lethal-injection-15-incriminator-audio-15-1000w-lethal-injection-series.html

I see 3 recommendations for the SA15. How does this driver sound/perform? Would this be more of a loud shake the bolts off my car/cone flapping noise or is there good sound output too?
They get loud and sound pretty good to me. put it in 3.5cf with the 1000rms you are talking about and you will be impressed. I have 2 sa 15s on 3k in my car and they get down. Great all around daily driver IMO

I've been beatin my 15w3v2 for sometime now and I really love this driver. Lately I've been wanting to turn the volume up to get a little louder with the same quality sound. Unfortunately if I add anymore power I'll start cooking it. This leads me towards finding a new 15 that'll sound just as good but take more power. From what I've read most drivers these days have super stiff suspension therefore the sound output wont be as smooth/clean as my 15w3.

I've checked the DD Audio website and see they have a Power Tuned 3500 Series 15 and a HiDef Tuned 3000 Series 15 with the choice of soft, regular or stiff suspension. Anyone have any experience with these?

The Hellion requires 3.00-3.50ft^3 @ 28-33hz w/15.25^2 of port per cube. I've got 3.76cu ft with a 6in aero with 28.26in total. That's 7.52 per cube. Will that be ok since it's an aero?
Aero ports typically can get away with half the port area of a slot design so I'd say your good. The only subs I'd see problems with are the super high excursion ones

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.