Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Sundown Team

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Dragonsyph

CarAudio.com Regular
For months now iv been buying things for my system and have got about 30% done, also got my new ride to install it all into which made me very excited as it was the first thing to get to get my build going.

The whole time I have been set on 1 sub,  the FI team 4 18" v2.

https://ficaraudio.com/product/team4-series-team18/

But I can't stop going back to Sundown's website all the time at work on breaks checking out there subs as I find them to be very beautiful. 

I was really interested in there Team 18's which seem to be discontinued on their website. 

But now I'm looking at there New NSV4 SERIES.

https://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers-2/item/nsv4-series

I really just wanted a single 18" set up again, but is 1 18" at 5000 watts = to two 18"s at 2500 watts lol?   

What made me pick the FI sub is its one of the only 18"s i could find that can handle 5000+ watts to one sub.

If money doesn't matter, what 18" sub would you guys pick and why?  And would you go with 1 powerful 1 or 2 weaker ones?

Unfortunately 90% of the time impedance rise will cause you to get no where near 5k. I like to have double the power I need to combat box rise.

I ran a Taramps 20k on my two 5000 watt rms subwoofers.

Unfortunately 90% of the time impedance rise will cause you to get no where near 5k. I like to have double the power I need to combat box rise.

I ran a Taramps 20k on my two 5000 watt rms subwoofers.
Ya the Orion is rated at 5k 12.6v and dynos for like 7-8k at 14.8v.  So i thought that would be good for a 4500 rms sub. 

I just bought 2 fi omegas and will be buying 2 more. The nsv4 is a beast sub but it is still only a 3in coil sub. If you want a sub to take 5k all day long and have no issues a 4in coil is a must. The sundown teams are beast but very pricey. The fi team 4 is nice but the omega is better and still cheaper than a sundown team. It is also completely made in the usa. Not just assembled like sundown. Both use american made coils from the same company though.

I just bought 2 fi omegas and will be buying 2 more. The nsv4 is a beast sub but it is still only a 3in coil sub. If you want a sub to take 5k all day long and have no issues a 4in coil is a must. The sundown teams are beast but very pricey. The fi team 4 is nice but the omega is better and still cheaper than a sundown team. It is also completely made in the usa. Not just assembled like sundown. Both use american made coils from the same company though.
I thought about getting one of those then i read what they said on the page, "This is not the sub for a single trunk setup because its the biggest thing we sell.  Please save your money and purchase a Team or SP4 for better results.  This is for big power, big number, music and SPL applications where you are chasing 163+ dB applications." 

So thats why i was gonna get the Team series. 

Would the Omegas be good in a regular ported box in the back?  Or are these made for walled off and bandpass? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Found an Orion 8k for only 999 so that seems like a better deal over all and more watts for the future.   

I was thinking i could get a single 18 with dvc 1ohm,  and wire it to 2ohm for 5600 watts from amp,  then when i get two of the same subs wire them both down to 1ohm ?? But then thats 5-6k to 1 subs vs maybe 4k to each when at 1ohm.

Or just get a single 18 like i want with dvc 2ohm and wire that 1 sub to 1ohm and put 8000 watts into it lol?

Found an Orion 8k for only 999 so that seems like a better deal over all and more watts for the future.   

I was thinking i could get a single 18 with dvc 1ohm,  and wire it to 2ohm for 5600 watts from amp,  then when i get two of the same subs wire them both down to 1ohm ?? But then thats 5-6k to 1 subs vs maybe 4k to each when at 1ohm.

Or just get a single 18 like i want with dvc 2ohm and wire that 1 sub to 1ohm and put 8000 watts into it lol?
Not a fan of Orion. 

🙁 did u have a bad experience?
They are good amps but you get what you pay for. They dont handle low loads as good as the splx or the big Korean boards..  a dual 1ohm dd9918 esp and this will get you into the 150s even in stock.  

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/synergy-audio-wtf-5-1d-5-500w-rms-mono-block.html

After 3k clamped 3" coils are useless for daily with a few exceptions. .  The team fi and dd 99 esp SC have very strong motors. So does the SD team but they better lowend drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...