Would like an opinion if I wired this right

Participant count
  • Participant list

Toomean

CarAudio.com Newbie
 I'm a noob at stereo builds but I've collected some pieces and thought I'd give it a go It isn't pretty but there's a couple of decent pieces and I want to make sure it's not going to go up in smoke when I add power.I put this in an old 02 Toyota Solara. I've done some homework but I'm not clear whether it's cool if I run all the speakers in parallel so the amp see's 2 ohms on every channel. All I could find in reference to it was about subs. I'm not sure if I have the capacitor positioned right. Seems like I should use it for the sub amp only. And I realize the fused block is redundant but it's all that was available. The Boss PV-3700 is a 5 channel but I left the 5th channel alone to keep it cooler. I can't afford a big mono amp at the moment so the small pioneer is filling in til I can. I gave each ground it's own real estate and kept them all 16" or less. I'm pretty sure I'm going to destroy the 60w rms pioneers.The rear Kickers are in the upper deck but I've got the pioneers in boxes sitting in the back seat. The only change I've made to what I have drawn out is I put each sub on it's own channel. The rms was the same bridged or not and I wasn't sure if I wired the pioneer dvc right. I appreciate any help.

Toomeanssetup.jpg

I'm a noob at stereo builds but I've collected some pieces and thought I'd give it a go It isn't pretty but there's a couple of decent pieces and I want to make sure it's not going to go up in smoke when I add power.I put this in an old 02 Toyota Solara. I've done some homework but I'm not clear whether it's cool if I run all the speakers in parallel so the amp see's 2 ohms on every channel. All I could find in reference to it was about subs. I'm not sure if I have the capacitor positioned right. Seems like I should use it for the sub amp only. And I realize the fused block is redundant but it's all that was available. The Boss PV-3700 is a 5 channel but I left the 5th channel alone to keep it cooler. I can't afford a big mono amp at the moment so the small pioneer is filling in til I can. I gave each ground it's own real estate and kept them all 16" or less. I'm pretty sure I'm going to destroy the 60w rms pioneers.The rear Kickers are in the upper deck but I've got the pioneers in boxes sitting in the back seat. The only change I've made to what I have drawn out is I put each sub on it's own channel. The rms was the same bridged or not and I wasn't sure if I wired the pioneer dvc right. I appreciate any help.
Nice drawing, that certainly helps review your plans.

Your plan will work.  You can omit the capacitor, it is too small to be helpful, but it won't hurt anything.

Wiring to 2 ohms is fine.  It's likely the speakers will be fine, you'll hear when they start having problems with volume. 

Because the subs are different, the box should have a divider so each is in their own airspace.  The two D4 subs will be wired in a series-parallel configuration.  If you wire the sub coils in series then you can just wire the subs in parallel at the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.