Hiss in new install

Participant count
  • Participants list

Fu¢kF@ce

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello

I have recently a couple amps, new speakers and sub to my car audio system and cannot figure out how to get rid of some hiss. 

Here's what i have:

2005 saab 9-2x (same as Subaru impreza) 

HU: kenwood kdc-bt765hd 

Amps: Alpine mrv-F300 and mrv-m500 

The Hiss: is coming from my front speakers which is powered by the f300. It isn't bad at all when playing music but when i turn the music down or have no input it is a bit annoying. As i increase the gain on the amp it becomes louder, if i have the gain set to less than half way up it us not noticable. The hiss is gone when the HU volume is at 0, at 1-30 it is on and doesn't change until the volume level is at 31-35 where it becomes louder.

With RCAs unplugged from the amp and amp gain turned up there is no hiss. I tried the ground wire wrapped around the RCAs trick but that didn't help at all. 

I have the 4channel amp bridged powering the 2 front speakers. The mono amp.. a 12" sub. The 4 channel is placed underneath the front passenger seat and the mono..under the driver seat. The amps were grounded at the same point underneath my center compartment behind the parking brake using a factory bolt and nut (its seems to be a good ground, i measured just under 1ohm of resistance). Today I grounded the HU there too but did there was no change in hiss. 

Not sure what to try next, please let me know your thoughts. 

Hello

I have recently a couple amps, new speakers and sub to my car audio system and cannot figure out how to get rid of some hiss. 

Here's what i have:

2005 saab 9-2x (same as Subaru impreza) 

HU: kenwood kdc-bt765hd 

Amps: Alpine mrv-F300 and mrv-m500 

The Hiss: is coming from my front speakers which is powered by the f300. It isn't bad at all when playing music but when i turn the music down or have no input it is a bit annoying. As i increase the gain on the amp it becomes louder, if i have the gain set to less than half way up it us not noticable. The hiss is gone when the HU volume is at 0, at 1-30 it is on and doesn't change until the volume level is at 31-35 where it becomes louder.

With RCAs unplugged from the amp and amp gain turned up there is no hiss. I tried the ground wire wrapped around the RCAs trick but that didn't help at all. 

I have the 4channel amp bridged powering the 2 front speakers. The mono amp.. a 12" sub. The 4 channel is placed underneath the front passenger seat and the mono..under the driver seat. The amps were grounded at the same point underneath my center compartment behind the parking brake using a factory bolt and nut (its seems to be a good ground, i measured just under 1ohm of resistance). Today I grounded the HU there too but did there was no change in hiss. 

Not sure what to try next, please let me know your thoughts. 
This is your clue right here. Try a diff set of RCA's. If your using cheap ones, they can pose for problems later on down the road. Btw, I hope your gain is set properly instead of turning it up and down afterwards...it is not a volume knob.

@Popwarhomie did you see that guy captured a huge 18 ft. Burmese python in FL?!!

im-tired-of-these-motherfucking-snakes-on-these-motherfucking-cars.jpg

That **** can can stay down south!  It’s rare that I see snakes even living in the woods and I like it that way. They need to do a mass killing of these invasive species before it gets even more out of control. 
Gators, snakes, big grasshoppers....FL has some major insects! They like the heat there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.