question about the balance of wattage between bass, mids and highs

Participant count
  • Participants list

ohmega66

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am still in the very very early planning stages of my next car stereo install. I have always dreamed of having a bass heavy, big wattage system so my subwoofer is gonna kinda be my center piece. Right now im currently leaning towards a custom built 18 inch psi audio platform 4 sub woofer with the performance upgrade to 3500 watts. To power that I was leaning towards a Sundown Audio SAZ 3500 amp. So here comes my question...im gonna have most likely an excess of 3500 watts rms blasting outta the back of my car. As much as i love bass i love the mids and the highs as well. I guess my question is..is what should the balance be in terms of wattage between the bass in the back and the mids and highs in the front.  If I have 3500 watts of bass coming from the back, how many watts of mids and highs should i have up front. Im also fully open to peoples input in terms of what speakers i should be running up front to deliver the wattage from the mids and high. Would also be interested in any suggestions about my choice of subwoofer. Thanks

What Car? Hatch or sealed off trunk vehicle or ripped out back seat with a fire in the cabin sub set up?? Depends really, and what you would consider enough power up front?Depends on install as well, direction of speakers, ect. I myself start with 100-150 up front with 3k on sub stage and tune within the same cabin shared space.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might help, I have a Hyundai Tiburon (hatchback) with 2 12's in a large ported box aiming at the trunk on 3,000 rms. I got two 4 channel amps that are 400RMS total each with pro audio PRV speakers and I think it's fairly matched treble to bass ratio. Honestly on heavy bass songs, I wish the treble was louder sometimes but also at the same time I know loud treble is really bad for your ears so it's probably for the best

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.