Box design for 18 GMC Denali help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

I was hoping someone would be willing to design 2 boxes for me if anyone would be so kind to do so in their free time. I know Shredder is very good at this and seems to enjoy it so if you see this that would be awesome! Both would be ported, 1 for a Sundown SD3 12 and the other for a SoundQubed HDS3.1 12... I have both subs, just havent decided which 1 I'll be putting in her vehicle. Thinking about making both boxes and testing them to see which she likes better...

Vehicle : 2018 GMC Terrain Denali

Location in the vehicle: Rear cargo bed 

Space available (Length x Width x Height): There is ample space but this is for my fiance and shed like to keep it on the smaller side. I'd say around 2.0 cubes or less.

Subwoofer make and model: Sundown SD3 & SoundQubed HDS3.1

Subwoofer Size: both 12"

Number of Subwoofers: 1 (2 subs, 2 seperate boxes)

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot or Aero

What type of music do you like?: Rap, R&B, Pop, Country, she listens to everything...

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday music

Tuning Freq (Hz): Betweem 32-36hz

Volume : Somewhere in 2.0 cube range- built to spec if it's not much bigger than that, if smaller than 2.0 that's fine too

Thanks for any help guys, I appreciate it!

I got a hds 12 box already drawn up that is for a SUV... against one side... should I dig it up?

There it is...

QejHEU.jpg

Would that configuration fit and work for you?

If not I can see what I can do later

Last edited by a moderator:
Also is there a program you recommend where I can enter this info and get a cut sheet list? Thanks again
I will supply drawings that are exploded, annotated with full dimensions to you by email. (I'm assuming the d2 used above is what you got)... With the drawings you'll not need a "Cutsheet".

It's easier to save and group them together that way for me (Plus, I usually give them one last one over).

Just don't offer compensation (not required) and not come thru please as I will delete the linked drawings, it seems to happen sometimes unfortunately.

What amp are you planning for the SD3-12 (D2-D4)?.. the SD3-12 is gonna be pickier about power if you port it... that one will take some looking at to see what's possible.

Also, would a similar configuration work in the SD3-12's case?

I can redo the above enclosure to an easier type to build, and designed/ported more specifically for your power/vehicle if you supply more info like amp, loading, actual dimensions there's always either a height limit, depth or width or some combination thereof and also desired musical results (32hz-36hz can be quite a difference when using different drivers/volumes in my experience... best all around I'm guessing with decent punchiness and some extension)... am I correct?

Sorry man... just trying to get this right and be on the same page about everything.

If you'd like those drawings above PM me your email and I'll probably send the 1st set today.  

Here's what I came up with... 1st attempt for the Sd 312 ported.

WZ0MAd.jpg

I liked how that modeled-up... not a bottom-feeder for sure but punchy with decent extension and able to handle 500 watts.

Here's what I came up with... 1st attempt for the Sd 312 ported.

I liked how that modeled-up... not a bottom-feeder for sure but punchy with decent extension and able to handle 500 watts.
That looks good, the amp is a JBL GTR1001 so both subs would be @4ohms, about 700 watts... sorry I didnt notice u responded, thank u so much for doing this. My email is mitchc1113@gmail.com if u want to email the sheets. It just needs to be musical, it's for my girls Terrain, will go in the cargo area, the easier box to build the better. Doesnt need to be anything crazy, simple enclosure....

That looks good, the amp is a JBL GTR1001 so both subs would be @4ohms, about 700 watts... sorry I didnt notice u responded, thank u so much for doing this. My email is mitchc1113@gmail.com if u want to email the sheets. It just needs to be musical, it's for my girls Terrain, will go in the cargo area, the easier box to build the better. Doesnt need to be anything crazy, simple enclosure....
Ok... sounds good.... shoulda pm'd me the email man so its not on the interwebs. 

I'll make it easier to build and send somthing later... I'm kinda busy today

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.