Suggest a Farad size for my system!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not wanting to start any flame wars!! Also not wanting to make any mods to my battery or alternator system. This is a family vehicle I simply want to maximize the parts I have on hand with the factory system!!!!

I now have a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP 1500 watt amp pushing 2 12" Power Acoustik BAMF-122. I did install a cap in the system I had laying around also. I have plans to replace the factory 3.5" dash speakers, center tweeters and door 6x9s in a week or so along with the rear speakers. I have the amp ready and waiting for that also, a Rockford Fosgate T-800-4.

The system will be completed in a 2005 Toyota Siena with a JBL premium sound system. I will not be replacing the factory head unit for security purposes and my better halfs demands!!! She has allowed a simple box to be placed in the back which replaces one of the 3rd row seats. 

[SIZE=14.6667px]The install is not complete so don't critique it as of yet but here is what I have thus far. The other amp will be installed on the reverse side. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]I am not sure what farad the cap I have in the system is but it is not adequate as the lights still dim at high volume. My question is with the additional amp and no other mods, what are your recommendations???  Budget is a concern but so is safety at night. I have a family riding in this boom box!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE]
index.php

You will be informed that no capacitor is going to help your situation. You will NEED a proper power supply and proper grounds. Those two amps have the potential to kill your factory charging system. Furthermore, you risk a fire by not upgrading the charging system cables. i.e. "Big 3". My recommendation... Do the Big 3, add a second battery, an AGM battery in the rear. Use big power and ground cables. The picture link does nothing... feel free to post it another way.

If your alt cant keep up w the current draw, the cap will get drained then itll be another draw on your electrical.  Itll actually harm rather than help

You will be informed that no capacitor is going to help your situation. You will NEED a proper power supply and proper grounds. Those two amps have the potential to kill your factory charging system. Furthermore, you risk a fire by not upgrading the charging system cables. i.e. "Big 3". My recommendation... Do the Big 3, add a second battery, an AGM battery in the rear. Use big power and ground cables. The picture link does nothing... feel free to post it another way.

^^^^ this ^^^^

If your alt cant keep up w the current draw, the cap will get drained then itll be another draw on your electrical.  Itll actually harm rather than help
aaaaaaaaaaand ^^^^ this ^^^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.