X-over and input volt questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

KoG

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2018 Camaro SS 1LE non-Bose, no factory amp. 

Here's my setup: I am planning to use the PAC AP4-GM61 module to get the RCA clean-signal output straight from the 8" factory HU. It will then hooked on to the Rockford Fosgate P1000X5 amp via the RCA.

The output to the speakers will be:

FRONT: RF P165-SI components with x-over built into the basket of the woofers/tweeters.

1) Now here's my question, on the amp it has LP - AP - HP. Do I set it to AP since the x-over are built in the speakers? or should I still set it HP?

REAR side panels: RF P1650 Coaxial 2-Way

2) This would be set it to AP also?

SUB: I haven't fully decide on which sub I want but it will be a ported enclosure. Obviously this channel will be set to LP.

3) On the amplifier, there are knobs for FRONT and REAR input level: 12.0V to 0.15V. How do I know where to set this at?

EDIT: The manual for the PAC-GM61 states, “AP4-GM61 delivers variable 5v RMS pre-amp outputs with fading.” I would set it at 5V. I believe there’s a 4V on the dipswitch too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2018 Camaro SS 1LE non-Bose, no factory amp. 

Here's my setup: I am planning to use the PAC AP4-GM61 module to get the RCA clean-signal output straight from the 8" factory HU. It will then hooked on to the Rockford Fosgate P1000X5 amp via the RCA.

The output to the speakers will be:

FRONT: RF P165-SI components with x-over built into the basket of the woofers/tweeters.

1) Now here's my question, on the amp it has LP - AP - HP. Do I set it to AP since the x-over are built in the speakers? or should I still set it HP?

REAR side panels: RF P1650 Coaxial 2-Way

2) This would be set it to AP also?

SUB: I haven't fully decide on which sub I want but it will be a ported enclosure. Obviously this channel will be set to LP.

3) On the amplifier, there are knobs for FRONT and REAR input level: 12.0V to 0.15V. How do I know where to set this at?

EDIT: The manual for the PAC-GM61 states, “AP4-GM61 delivers variable 5v RMS pre-amp outputs with fading.” I would set it at 5V. I believe there’s a 4V on the dipswitch too.
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that amp have their clean set up. Just follow their directions that'll get you close then you can fine tune by ear. Since you're using a sub I'd use hp on the mid and coaxial unless you want them playing low bass that your sub is playing 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.