Will this build work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CodyDaGoat

OR
Been trying to figure out a few things for this new build I'm working on.

Came up with a build that can suit my budget that was similar to a couple I seen with these subs.

2 Orion HCCA152 subs. 1 Taramp HD8000 Amp. Two XS Power d3100 batteries, 270A Mechman alternator.

Big 3 done. 0 gauge true 100% OFC wire etc.

WIll this work?

Either amp will work but you are wasting alot of money going the single amp route unless you plan to double the number of subs and electrical support later.
So this build will work then for this? ANd if I do this I should consider adding more subs later and electrical support? What route do I go to not waste money?

So this build will work then for this? ANd if I do this I should consider adding more subs later and electrical support? What route do I go to not waste money?
Bud considering how little knowledge you are starting with going to a major power level will likely end up with burnt coils or blown amps.

It doesnt have to be that way, but starting 20 threads on here at 1 time tends to push people away.

1. I would not want to push that much power to those 2 subs for daily

2. Electrical support is going to be much more important than the actual amp

3. Any amp that is rated to put out 5k at 2ohm will work to drive your subs. Granted it is from a quality manufacture

4. 2 amps strapped is the cheap way to get 2ohm power.

5. If YOU WANT to double the sub count and subsequently spend more money by upgrading electrical again, later on, then the single large amp may be a good investment

6. What kind of box are you putting these subs in. Has it been properly designed to allow the subs to mechanically handle 2500w each

7. Matching brands doesnt make things louder

8. Sound deadener is very important and easier to do before everything is installed.

9. That's alot of power for a daily driver vehicle and it will be very loud if done right.

10. I bet if you do do it right you only turn it all the way up to show off

It sounds like ya got all the knowledge u need to run this. But for the cheapest build for would he two amps strapped. 

1. Amps 2 wolfram 2400 and push 4800watts clean linked and cost of $500, one sub per amp. 

2. For that many amps run 2 runs of 1/0 awg ofc cable 1 run power per amp and ground 

3. 270 High output alt. 

4. A couple north star batteries (agm) one for under hood and one that can support 4k watts rms. 

5. Volt meters ran to keep track of voltage and not let anything get damaged

At this lvl of install u will have all the power u want and then u can upgrade as well and it will be plenty to keep u happy and for a daily more than enough as I  doubt u'll be playing it at full tilt all the time. 

P.s. if those amps are to small upgrade to a couple 3krms (wolfram) or 3.5krms (another brand) being linked amps will have 2ohm stable. Anything over 3.5krms per each amp will require more runs of 1/0 awg to supply enough clean current and then more batteries and probly a second alt. Or a 370amp one. 

L1ttlet said:
It sounds like ya got all the knowledge u need to run this. But for the cheapest build for would he two amps strapped. 

1. Amps 2 wolfram 2400 and push 4800watts clean linked and cost of $500, one sub per amp. 

2. For that many amps run 2 runs of 1/0 awg ofc cable 1 run power per amp and ground 

3. 270 High output alt. 

4. A couple north star batteries (agm) one for under hood and one that can support 4k watts rms. 

5. Volt meters ran to keep track of voltage and not let anything get damaged

At this lvl of install u will have all the power u want and then u can upgrade as well and it will be plenty to keep u happy and for a daily more than enough as I  doubt u'll be playing it at full tilt all the time. 

P.s. if those amps are to small upgrade to a couple 3krms (wolfram) or 3.5krms (another brand) being linked amps will have 2ohm stable. Anything over 3.5krms per each amp will require more runs of 1/0 awg to supply enough clean current and then more batteries and probly a second alt. Or a 370amp one. 
Thanks for the actual helpful reply

I always ran two Sundown SA15s and wanted to upghrade. It's my first dual battery and dual amp setup so I wasn't sure.

Going to be running two of the Q1-2200.2 amps.

4 XS Power d3100 batteries.

All NVX 0 gauge wire, big 3, 270 amp alt.

Box was customized for my car and will be tuned to 28hz.

Thanks for all the help friends 🙂

Update:
Build is done
Everything is tuned with o scope
Yes it is loud as f*ck.

Kenwood excelon 4 channel running mids and highs. I have NVS VSP 6.5s hooked up with tweeters
2 Orion XTR 2500.1s. 2 Orion HCCA152s
Box is tuned to 33hz. Designed by CAF for my 97 Suburban.
3 XS Power D3100s in the trunk
1 285 Amp Hairpin alt from US Alternators
Dynamat sound deadening done

Taking it to my first show as soon as one comes up here in the northwest.

Never drops below 14 volts while driving, even when idling.

Thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.