Suggestions/Help with New Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

CodyDaGoat

OR
Hello, just looking for some advice on my build ill be working on.

Currently have 2 Orion HCCa152 Subs. I have the 2ohm ones at 2,500w RMS each.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good amps that can run 5000 watts at 2ohms

THe biggest alt I can get is 270A and ill be buying from either Mechman or Singer.

And my second question is, how many batteries should I expect to run with this buiild, and which ones will be best?

I have a custom box built for my car. I have a 2010 forester. It'll be tuned to 28hz.

Would also like some recommendations on a mid/highs amp.

Thank you in advance

Money isnt an issue. But id like to keep it under $1k on the sub amp
Except you are looking for like a 8-10k amp for 5k of 2ohm power. That's stupid or foolish.

In the case of strapping 2 amps, is it possible to wire each individual sub to 1ohm instead of wiring both to 2?
Yes you certainly can go individually wired but the strapping saves you the trouble of gain matching 2 subs in the same box as well as any possible phase issues.

You could run a well built amp like dd audio or sundown quite a few other heavy duty amps at .5ohm as well. But running at .5 is incredibly hard on electrical systems and considering you can only find a 270amp alt I donot reccomend it.

I do recommend getting at least 40ah of lithium battery though for what you are wanting to do. 

Last thing you could do is run a Brazilian amp at 2ohm but I dont know much about them myself sounddigital, Stetsom, banda

$8k-10k for an amp? I didnt even see those where I was looking. I was thinking about the Orion 8000.1D thats runs 5000 watts at 2 ohms. 

$8k-10k for an amp? I didnt even see those where I was looking. I was thinking about the Orion 8000.1D thats runs 5000 watts at 2 ohms. 
8-10k watts at 1ohm would be close to the 5-6k you want at 2ohm

And what would be a good brand for the battery? I know my car came with the red25 optima 720CCA for the size I need
Xs power, limitless, jy idk alot about lithium but you could slap a couple hundred a/h worth of agm batts next to the amp but you still will have pretty good drop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.