Car audio suddenly has issues

Participant count
  • Participants list

JoeZ

Tampa
Hey all, I'm sort of at a loss right now for fixing my car audio setup.  This was all working fine for years, but suddenly got really distorted, then died all together.

I have a sub in the back, with audio coming from a Sub line out on the HU.  This is working fine.  I'm using Front Line Out on HU to a 4 channel amp (only using front channel).  This feeds into L and R filter for tweeters and speakers.  I'm getting no audio out of the 4 channel amp all of a sudden.  When I hook the sub into the Front Line Out, I can hear the sub working.  If I bypass the amp and filters, hooking the speakers into the SPEAKER OUT, then I have audio.  I checked for continuity on the lines, all good.  I bypassed the filters...still nothing.  I replaced the amp...still nothing.  Power light on amp is on when radio is turned on. 

Is there anything I could be missing here? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarify you are using filter to refer to a passive crossover that divides the audio signal to tweeters and woofers in a component system.

Clarify that this sentence:

JoeZ said:
  If I bypass the amp and filters, hooking the speakers into the SPEAKER OUT, then I have audio.
Means you connected the head unit speaker outputs to the speakers and have music.  Is this with the crossovers (i.e. filters) or without?  Do the speakers work on the head unit with the crossovers (filters)?

Picture of the 4ch amp connections?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.