best 12" for $100

American bass XD 12. I have modeled tons of subs around $100 or less. The XD is hands down the best I have come across. Sundown Ev3 b stock is close but they jacked up the price on the b stock, the Blaupunkt GBW120 is also a great choice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
41fedfb7-fa28-4655-ac4b-a0c88308ce3c_1.3a07dee27d84c1b66f84838370ed19f1.jpeg

this guy?

The Infinity Ref 1270 is also a good choice along with its JBL equivalent. You can find those in the bargain area of Sonic Electronix all day under $100 and they will come new in box even tho it says open or damaged packaging. Overall loudness and even sq still goes to the AB XD tho.
sweet. ill look into those options too, but i am liking the AB XD so far. gonna look at the motor quick

Cerwin Vega V series with the red surrounds also look promising though they lack the efficiency of the XD. I would say its more similar to the Ev3.

I have spent considerable time researching stuff under $100 because I use that stuff for SPL. I try to do the most with the least.

you got some box designs for them too?
2cf at 33hz would be a great daily for any of those I mentioned. You could go a little smaller like 1.8cf if there is a lot of rock music played or up to 2.2cf if there is more rap.

The Infinity/JBLs can be tuned a little lower like 30hz.

Single 4 inch aeroport is enough for the amps you mentioned. 

I'm not a Sketchup master like @shredder2 so I design everything by hand on paper lol. 

2cf at 33hz would be a great daily for any of those I mentioned. You could go a little smaller like 1.8cf if there is a lot of rock music played or up to 2.2cf if there is more rap.

The Infinity/JBLs can be tuned a little lower like 30hz.

Single 4 inch aeroport is enough for the amps you mentioned. 

I'm not a Sketchup master like @shredder2 so I design everything by hand on paper lol. 
id like to utilize the 60/40 fold down for a slot port, or should i point the port to the rear like usual?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.