Question about installing an alpine headunit

Participant count
  • Participant list

dr0832

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently bought a new Alpine CDE-172BT Bluetooth Receiver. I currently have an older Alpine headunit which had cd, ipod, and sirius satelite, installed in my car. I think i installed this around 2006 or 2007 in a 2006 honda accord coupe lx, where I disconnected the factor radio. I am wondering if I would be able to just pop out the old unit and plug in a new one or am I going to need to change the wiring harness now that this new radio has items such as bluetooth and usb, which my current radio did not have. Note it was already rewired so it does have a harness, not just the factory harness.

Should be easy enough to find out.  If the old plug is the same shape and the wires are all the same color you'd be good to go.   I haven't used Alpine in ages but I know Kenwood plugs have been interchangeable for quite some time, though most manufacturers will change them periodically.

Things like USB, microphone jack, and RCAs are generally either separate plugs on the unit or separate pigtails from the main bundle of speak wires, power, remote, dimmer, ground.

pretty sure all the single din alpines plugs are the same going back a while anyway.if you're using Sirius if you have the 300 tuner that'll be great. I think if you have  the older tuner it'll work but loose some of your features.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.