Best Value Double Dim Unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dragonsyph

CarAudio.com Regular
Been looking at a lot of units and there are so many to choose from.  

Looking for a nice touchscreen double din, included nav would be nice but it seems they cost a ton more if they do, so maybe one that can use the maps on my phone?

The Kenwood Excelon DDX396 for about 300 bucks seems pretty nice, but is there better for cheaper?

Alot of the threads i read are telling me the Excelon line are made with top quality hardware,  and everyone review i seen was talking about MAX volume with no distortion at 5v outputs.  Which is really good right?

g113DDX396-F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been looking at a lot of units and there are so many to choose from.  

Looking for a nice touchscreen double din, included nav would be nice but it seems they cost a ton more if they do, so maybe one that can use the maps on my phone?

The Kenwood Excelon DDX396 for about 300 bucks seems pretty nice, but is there better for cheaper?

Alot of the threads i read are telling me the Excelon line are made with top quality hardware,  and everyone review i seen was talking about MAX volume with no distortion at 5v outputs.  Which is really good right?

the excelon line is very nice and they usually are built like tanks. For $300 this is a nice deck indeed, but i like the look of the pioneers with the full screen. i really like the volume knob tho. I have the 2300nex which costs about the same and has the full screen which motorizes for a disc (if you really use discs that is LoL) also, anything with android auto has nav as long as you connect your phone. If you bumb up a tad in price you can even do android auto via bluetooth instead of usb. 

short story, not a bad choice for the money

the excelon line is very nice and they usually are built like tanks. For $300 this is a nice deck indeed, but i like the look of the pioneers with the full screen. i really like the volume knob tho. I have the 2300nex which costs about the same and has the full screen which motorizes for a disc (if you really use discs that is LoL) also, anything with android auto has nav as long as you connect your phone. If you bumb up a tad in price you can even do android auto via bluetooth instead of usb. 

short story, not a bad choice for the money
Thanks mate, ill take a look at the NEx line.

Can you do the map thing through Carplay or what ever the Iphone one?

no problem. i honestly dont know about the apple features when connected. i dont own an iphone, but it would stand to reason that it would
That 4400 NEX is looking like a good buy to me now since it has wireless carplay which might be a selling point for me now.  But it doesn't have wireless screen mirror-like android does. 

If i can find one with both of those that might be what ill buy, more research i guess.  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.