F8L 8"

Participant count
  • Participants list
let us know how it goes brah!!
Well they sure as heck dont sound like 8s lol. These subs plain look beastly. And are huge. They sound awesome. Definitely better than the 12w6v2 they replaced. However I think my box needs some tweaking, or my factory radio is wreaking havoc on my signal. They are bottom heavy in my install. Kills 30-40 ish, 50 or so takes back down. And below 30 is almost nothing but I know my factory radio cuts out low bass. 

For the record install info

18 sierra crew cab with bose

LOC hooked to sub output on bose amp

DD M2a at 1 ohm so plenty of power

1.44 cubes at 32hz with 22.5" of port area.

Subs passenger side facing forward, port exit out the side on drivers side.

I'll be playing with it more in the weeks to come. May try a new box. Also have a audio control LC2i coming to replace the current LOC.

As for the subs themselves I'm impressed. Pretty sure my issues are vehicle and box related

Well they sure as heck dont sound like 8s lol. These subs plain look beastly. And are huge. They sound awesome. Definitely better than the 12w6v2 they replaced. However I think my box needs some tweaking, or my factory radio is wreaking havoc on my signal. They are bottom heavy in my install. Kills 30-40 ish, 50 or so takes back down. And below 30 is almost nothing but I know my factory radio cuts out low bass. 

For the record install info

18 sierra crew cab with bose

LOC hooked to sub output on bose amp

DD M2a at 1 ohm so plenty of power

1.44 cubes at 32hz with 22.5" of port area.

Subs passenger side facing forward, port exit out the side on drivers side.

I'll be playing with it more in the weeks to come. May try a new box. Also have a audio control LC2i coming to replace the current LOC.

As for the subs themselves I'm impressed. Pretty sure my issues are vehicle and box related
That is awesome to hear.  You might be a pinch large on the port area, that could be causing the drop off higher up and the exaggerated bottom end.

That is awesome to hear.  You might be a pinch large on the port area, that could be causing the drop off higher up and the exaggerated bottom end.
Yea I'm thinking maybe build a new box, not happy with how this one fits under the seat. Maybe 1.2-.3 ish with a single 4" flared aero port. However this port has a lot of velocity. Going smaller might not be good.

Overall I'm really impressed with the subs, on a low volume they are smooth and blend well. Turn up the knob a little and they are banging pretty good. Definitely more than I thought.

Yea I'm thinking maybe build a new box, not happy with how this one fits under the seat. Maybe 1.2-.3 ish with a single 4" flared aero port. However this port has a lot of velocity. Going smaller might not be good.

Overall I'm really impressed with the subs, on a low volume they are smooth and blend well. Turn up the knob a little and they are banging pretty good. Definitely more than I thought.
Install pictures?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.