Skar Audio any good?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Aidan Fox

CarAudio.com Newbie
My friend has a pair of Skar IVX 12" and I think they sound pretty good, albeit I am a newbie when it comes to car stereos, and I haven't been exposed to many good aftermarket systems, and they are on sale for $70 right now. Are they worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
No replies fast enough?

Save your $$$... and get something better.

IMO those are horrible, my son had a pair of 10's on the same amp, you could do a lot better

IMO Skar can be worth the $ spent for whatever you're after but the bargain-basement stuff is garbage. 

I want to spend $800-$1,000 on door speakers, a head unit, subwoofers, and amps for the subwoofers and door speakers.
What vehicle?Standard battery and stock alternator?Thats a tight budget. But can be done.May need look at some good used gear as an option as well.

Pioneer DEH-X8800BHS $175

(2) PRV 6MB200 mids  $55 a pair

(2) Massive CT1A tweeters $40 a pair

Dual XRP84d 4 channel $72

CAB 2000.1 $240

(2) CAB-12" subwoofers $260 a pair

Money left over for wire, box materials, and sound deadener.

What vehicle?Standard battery and stock alternator?Thats a tight budget. But can be done.May need look at some good used gear as an option as well.
2006 Pontiac GTO. And yes stock battery and alternator.

Last edited by a moderator:
2006 Pontiac GTO. And yest stock battery and alternator.
Most of the GM sports vehicles came with an amplified HU and or amplifier.Are any of your stock speakers blown or have you pulled them yet to test them with a DMM? what are your goals for the system?Just loud bass? with minimum staging/mids and highs? Who will be doing the install?A shop may run towards your entire budget alone for an installation.You need to find out if you have a premium system or plain stock

You may be able to work with a new HU,a set of components up front a single sub with wiring and a couple amps to get going/get started with the $1k budget if you have help to do your own install work. You may be able to utilize some of the speakers you have now until you save enough to get them replaced at a later time.Buying good used audio can work in your favor as well and findings of real gems at a steal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.