Kicker 6X9 Uh-Oh

Participant count
  • Participant list

Taylor Martin

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just got a pair of Kicker KSC 3-Way 6x9s for my 2012 Dodge Avenger.. I didn’t use the screen because the door panel has one, but after installing the second one I punctured the foam with a peg from the door panel. This hole is literally the size of a pin hole, it almost looks as if it didn’t even puncture but it did. I would post a pic but I’ll just use a period (.) to indicate the actual size of the hole lol. The other speaker sounds great, but the one I punctured sounds completely blown splattering all over the place.. I put some of that black glue stuff they sent in the box and stretched it thin before applying but it didn’t help.. I don’t even know if that was its purpose. as you can probably tell I’m quite amateur so I need some advice on how to salvage this brand new Kicker 6x9. Thanks in advance y’all!!

Taylor Martin said:
I just got a pair of Kicker KSC 3-Way 6x9s for my 2012 Dodge Avenger.. I didn’t use the screen because the door panel has one, but after installing the second one I punctured the foam with a peg from the door panel. This hole is literally the size of a pin hole, it almost looks as if it didn’t even puncture but it did. I would post a pic but I’ll just use a period (.) to indicate the actual size of the hole lol. The other speaker sounds great, but the one I punctured sounds completely blown splattering all over the place.. I put some of that black glue stuff they sent in the box and stretched it thin before applying but it didn’t help.. I don’t even know if that was its purpose. as you can probably tell I’m quite amateur so I need some advice on how to salvage this brand new Kicker 6x9. Thanks in advance y’all!!
a pin hole wouldnt make it sound like that. when you hit it, it likely did something to the coil that drives the speaker to separate it from the cone. its likely shot. sorry, but im sure thats the case

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.