Mids in rear doors of a Tundra?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RB1

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Toyota Double cab, stock headunit, non-JBL, Rockford R600x5 amp and a Rockford sub in a sealed box ...I have the Infinity REF 6530cx components in the front doors ... they are awesome 👍I have the Infinity REF 5030cx components in the rear doors ... not so awesome 👎 I was concerned when I ordered them that they were too small at 5.25" to pump out much mid or bass but they were what Crutchfield recommended ... so I went with them ... my bad 😐I have great mid and high end coming out of the front 6.5" ... I just want mid to lows coming out of the rear doors and of course the sub ... so I was thinking of mounting midrange speakers in the rear doors to help with more fullness in the background ... and leave the tweeters and crossovers in the back as well ... basically just swapping out the Infinity 5.25" for a 6.5" midrange

[SIZE=14.6667px]So in the end I'd have 6.5" REF's in front doors w/tweeters, mids with the separate component tweeters in the rear doors and the sub in the rear ... all powered by the Rockford R600x5[/SIZE]Anyone mounted mids back there? Your thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.