Cd skipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

Llt1980

Iowa
I have the alpine cde-175bt with JL 15s and 1000 watt amp and every time the bass hits really hard the CD skips is this a normal problem with this deck or something else going on at this point the deck has only been in my car for 3 days and I got it new and professional install 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it isnt very well secured to the dash/the HU.Though just depends on how well the HU can hold up to vibrations within the vehicle as upon trial and error so to speak.There is no way I can run a CD in any of my vehicles past the volume of 10-15 with the power I generally run.And as for a flip out unit? Ive had one last about 3 weeks tops before falling apart.USB or a Laptop or bluetoothe is where I have to listen to music other than the radio stations.Transfer your music to a USB drive or continue having issues. You may want to see about bracing the HU behind the dash to see if this helps

I have the alpine cde-175bt with JL 15s and 1000 watt amp and every time the bass hits really hard the CD skips is this a normal problem with this deck or something else going on at this point the deck has only been in my car for 3 days and I got it new and professional install 
what is this "CD" contraption you speak of? joking aside, it shouldnt skip as badly as youre describing unless you have what audiobaun is describing. I second the notion of getting a flash drive or put your music on your phone and BT it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.