Cheap power

mwilder95

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking for something to put on my sundown audio z18 v.4 it’s a dual 2ohm. My budget is $260. I’m looking at the skar audio rp 2000.1d and the wolfram c2400.1. Any other suggestions? Which is my better option 

For a few freaks it will be. Big 3 is done I’m either going to get a bigger alt or a big battery up front. Both will be done when I can afford it. I can’t do it all at one lick 

A bigger battery or even an extra battery is a fix for a marginally underpowered electrical system. 

I'm going to say that amplifier will pull in the ballpark of 200 amps conservatively. 

If you want to learn an expensive lesson, run an amplifier like this on a stock electrical system.

Big three will help, but in the grand scheme of things its not going to make a huge difference considering how underpowered your electrical will be. 

I'm aware this isn't the question you asked, but I'm hoping that I can save you some money. 

I would personally set the gain via DMM to match a realistic output for your electrical. 

Weeks not freaks 😂
freaks for weeks!!!

A bigger battery or even an extra battery is a fix for a marginally underpowered electrical system. 

I'm going to say that amplifier will pull in the ballpark of 200 amps conservatively. 

If you want to learn an expensive lesson, run an amplifier like this on a stock electrical system.

Big three will help, but in the grand scheme of things its not going to make a huge difference considering how underpowered your electrical will be. 

I'm aware this isn't the question you asked, but I'm hoping that I can save you some money. 

I would personally set the gain via DMM to match a realistic output for your electrical. 
he is planning on upgrading the electrical so it doesnt really matter if he gets a huge amp right now and just keeps the gain down until his electrical can support the draw to maintain voltage.

OP, get the gear you plan on running and install it on the weak electrical, just dont beat on it until your electrical can handle it. The expensive lesson he is referring to is smoking your amp by dropping below 12 volts at the amp rack. Increasing amperage draw decreases voltage but if your gain is set to where the amp is only pulling a reasonable amount of amperes until your electrical is up to the task, youll be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.