Sundown X8v3 or SA8v3

Buddy of mine has an SA-8 in a prefab in his 1500. Slaps low and hard. Proper box two of those will get loud. He's also throwing nearly 1k at his. X-8 will cost you much more for a bit more low end output and maybe a bit more overall volume. Your box size goes up and your power and money do too. Great subs I am sure of it! But for 8s id go with the SAs. Less space, less money, slightly lower xmax on the same exact frame. To drive two X-8s you could drive my U-12 and get way way louder for half the price.

Because you threw out "sound quality," I'd go with the sa8's. If you wanted mad lows, X8 would fit the bill. 

The design of the X series is to have a softer mechanical so it catches lows but lacks on faster beats like pop.

None one of this will do any good if the box is not tailored to the specific subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
U guys don’t even know what you talking about. The x8 is the Spl 8” from sundown and does not have more lowwws then the SA8... u want an SA8 for more well rounded subwoofer. 

Go to sundowns website site and read it. The x8 is SPL woofer not lowww end woofer 

Last edited by a moderator:
BB35F935-B8DF-419A-9523-58CDCD6A3DF3.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.