F8L sub box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
If anyone still around that does designs, or even still builds boxes. I need something for under my silverados rear seats. Its the ext cab but its only for a single SSA F8L. Wanted something really complex that doubles as a storage compartment but ill take just a simple box at this point. These are the dimensions i have to work with and the idea of what i was hoping to get. 

EE0816BF-1BEA-4A3F-9E58-D043D831FC3F.jpeg

0387F131-3C36-4BBF-8A8B-BA6F40FD9B4C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
oIUney.jpg

or3Qhl.jpg

Jeez... underseat boxes are a PITA... but it's nice when someone actually supplies correct dimensions. 

Probably shoulda used an Aero but it turned out good... just a little bigger than I originally expected.

I am wondering about that myself. I'll be starting my box for my 2 F8Ls and am planning 1-1.5 cubes net. I'm not sure on port yet. 2-3",1-4" or 2-4" flared aero ports. I'm not seeing how the 1 8 will use all of under your back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering about that myself. I'll be starting my box for my 2 F8Ls and am planning 1-1.5 cubes net. I'm not sure on port yet. 2-3",1-4" or 2-4" flared aero ports. I'm not seeing how the 1 8 will use all of under your back seat.
I used a damn slot... and ported it for a rated power amp. It's only over volume cause the port length (no bends wanted) and the port area increased a bit with the volume change. 

I'd probably use an aero if it was me personally but I thought I'd give a slot a shot. Regardless of all that bs... it ought to dig well and not limit output as drawn.

What a PITA to draw-up too... lol

I used a damn slot... and ported it for a rated power amp. It's only over volume cause the port length (no bends wanted) and the port area increased a bit with the volume change. 

I'd probably use an aero if it was me personally but I thought I'd give a slot a shot. Regardless of all that bs... it ought to dig well and not limit output as drawn.

What a PITA to draw-up too... lol
Lol no doubt! I usually avoid underseat boxes unless it's for me lol. Dont like designing, drawing, or building them haha. Probably going to run the specs on the sub through winisd tomorrow and check out port area/power vs velocity and see what I can get away with.

I was just shocked on the box and port size. No offense meant!

No problem... no offense taken... plug-in those #'s and back check what it'll do if you will (they're what the sub will "see".. lol")... it looks like it'll dig super-well and only need as SSF setting that's pretty low to me.

Once I started drawing it up I the port area I wanted was making it long AF so I had to increase the width I wanted to use and the increased volume increased velocities... etc... etc. That port area was what really got me in a bind with a slot.

And ya'... underseat low-tuned boxes are a PITA for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.