New build and minor box build help

Participant count
  • Participants list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
So I  guess this will be the posts to my new build for my car. So we will start off with sub box. I already have all the stats I  know exactly how large and what my tuning is and also bracing, displacements and what not. So I currently have everything in place.the length of the side in question is about 21inches long.  So I  am deciding on best way to brace it is all or if any is needed. Box gross deminsions are 16h x 36w x 22d. The chickens kept trying to eat the box. 

20181204_013940.jpg

20181205_110956.jpg

20181205_111017.jpg

20181205_133650.jpg

20181205_133700.jpg

20181206_175024.jpg

20181206_175038.jpg

20181206_175118.jpg

20181206_175133.jpg

If you leave that box out those birds will start stashing eggs in it for you.
Haha, they probly would. In about another month. Only about 4 months old now, one more to go. U think the way i have my arm up in that one would be all the bracing I'd need. Kinda just did it already. Looks good. 1.43 cubes per 10inch hs3 soundcube subs. 

Haha, they probly would. In about another month. Only about 4 months old now, one more to go. U think the way i have my arm up in that one would be all the bracing I'd need. Kinda just did it already. Looks good. 1.43 cubes per 10inch hs3 soundcube subs. 
The last 4-6 weeks waiting on birds to start laying seems like forever.... you'll be cursing those damned freeloaders.

Bracing looks pretty good.  Personally I'd try to avoid putting anything in the port itself and would have just doubled up the port wall on the inside end. 

The last 4-6 weeks waiting on birds to start laying seems like forever.... you'll be cursing those damned freeloaders.

Bracing looks pretty good.  Personally I'd try to avoid putting anything in the port itself and would have just doubled up the port wall on the inside end. 

Why not brace port. Gonna have 3600watts rms running through. Box is only 5/8thick, but with double baffle and amount of bracing should be plenty.  Cut down weight and cheaped out on baltic birch.
Lol, yeah, they are a pain, 7 of them eat a 50lb bag of food every 3wks with the aid of the damn neighborhood squirrels. 

On to the build. Down to sanding n painting left. Then new install.

20181208_113850.jpg

20181208_113858.jpg

Lol, yeah, they are a pain, 7 of them eat a 50lb bag of food every 3wks with the aid of the damn neighborhood squirrels. 
That's not much feed really.    Try raising some meat birds.   I'm down to 11 hens here and they're eating a fair bit of feed lately with snow on the ground there's not much for them to forage.

Box is shaping up nicely.

That's not much feed really.    Try raising some meat birds.   I'm down to 11 hens here and they're eating a fair bit of feed lately with snow on the ground there's not much for them to forage.

Box is shaping up nicely.
I could only imagine how much 11 would go through. 7 seems plenty. Backyard is almost not big enough. They are destructive creatures. But can't justify keeping them locked in the coop 24/7 unless they were broiler birds.

Box almost done, just waiting for a nice day to spray paint it.  

I could only imagine how much 11 would go through.
Nothing compared to that and a couple dozen broilers or BBW turkeys.   I've got a lot of land here so it's not a big deal, a couple holes where they dust themselves and some turds on the front deck.   Otherwise eggs are good, I got a legendary reefer crop using the **** for fertilizer, and I haven't seen a tic in the yard when I have birds on patrol.   They seem to eat about half as much feed if you leave them out to forage, oh and I'm far enough in the woods that I can shoot rodents that try to share their feed.

Nothing compared to that and a couple dozen broilers or BBW turkeys.   I've got a lot of land here so it's not a big deal, a couple holes where they dust themselves and some turds on the front deck.   Otherwise eggs are good, I got a legendary reefer crop using the **** for fertilizer, and I haven't seen a tic in the yard when I have birds on patrol.   They seem to eat about half as much feed if you leave them out to forage, oh and I'm far enough in the woods that I can shoot rodents that try to share their feed.
Awesome, sounds ur living the dream, that awesome relaxing country living. Our chickens are in the cute ot fort worth tx. Lol. Can have up tp 12. Hoping to get outta the city and into the country as I  could then have some fun with the 9's getting the rodents instead of a damn bb gun that sight *****, I swear it's the broken sight. Lol. Still got 2 of 'em so far. Plus city living ***** besides the awesome economy. 

My box build is at a stand still. But gonna make the lil bus bars tonight I  guess. Trying to make some progress. 

Awesome, sounds ur living the dream, that awesome relaxing country living. Our chickens are in the cute ot fort worth tx. Lol. Can have up tp 12. Hoping to get outta the city and into the country as I  could then have some fun with the 9's getting the rodents instead of a damn bb gun that sight *****, I swear it's the broken sight. Lol. Still got 2 of 'em so far. Plus city living ***** besides the awesome economy. 

My box build is at a stand still. But gonna make the lil bus bars tonight I  guess. Trying to make some progress. 
There's some very nice air rifles to be had if you're not afraid to spend some money.  Country living and a good shotgun still is superior. 

There's some very nice air rifles to be had if you're not afraid to spend some money.  Country living and a good shotgun still is superior. 
Yep, country living soon I'm  hoping. Box is coming along. Another day or so. Lid is on now, was prepped in pic. So just caulk the top edges and then paint other part of port blue, roundover edges of box then bedliner to seal outside, then the fun part of build. Still got amp rack and tear out old and put in new.

20181210_143600.jpg

20181210_143611.jpg

20181210_151049.jpg

Where will you be feeding the sub wiring at?Rear, side,or through the port?
Rear, picked up some stainless steel bolts to do so. Here's some more pics of the build. New rcas, the Knuconceptz, they are massive. The thick black on is my 9cable speedwire for volt meters and then the bass knob and remote turn on cord. Trunk is empty. Nxt will be taking out the old nvx ofc 1/0awg and putting in the new gp ofhc 2/0awg. Then onto trunk mods to fit in new box. Amp rack is still up in the air though. 

20181211_020500.jpg

20181211_020437.jpg

20181211_020432.jpg

20181210_232654.jpg

20181210_232110.jpg

20181210_232659.jpg

Stainless steel is a very very poor conductor.   Use normal steel at least for bolts.
Oh I  did not know this, I will be returning the stainless steel for some regular steel. Even got stainless for the busbars.

Where will you be feeding the sub wiring at?Rear, side,or through the port?
Rear, picked up some stainless steel bolts to do so. Here's some more pics of the build. New rcas, the Knuconceptz, they are massive. The thick black on is my 9cable speedwire for volt meters and then the bass knob and remote turn on cord. Trunk is empty. Nxt will be taking out the old nvx ofc 1/0awg and putting in the new gp ofhc 2/0awg. Then onto trunk mods to fit in new box. Amp rack is still up in the air though. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.