HELP MEEE PLEASE

Participant count
  • Participants list

Lewis Newton

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi, I have a 2005 ford fiesta mk6, 5 doors, 4 5x7 door speakers in each door. I have just transferred my system over from my old car which was the exact same that had an engine failure. Anyway, this morning I got in my car and both the left side door speakers didnt work when I started playing music. I have tried changing the headunit and the whole wiring adapter up to the harness, and nothing seems to be working. Has anyone had the same issues and got any ideas ?

I highly doubt the wiring is loose to the door speakers themselves, as I wired them up the weekend just gone and they have been working perfectly until this morning. I would put it down to a wiring fault but it seems unusual that both left door speakers have stopped working at the exact time for literally no reason. 

Please someone work some magic 

Yes I am, it's insane for me its my first sub in a car so sounds great, think its a JBL 1000W no idea what the amp is. What is a dmm and how can I do that ?

Digital multi meter. You got a family member or buddy that can help ya out?

I'm sure you'll get it figured out with some help. Kinda sounds like a wiring issue to me anyway.

I remember my first sub. I think it was a Pyle. A Pyle of **** lol. 

Yes I am, it's insane for me its my first sub in a car so sounds great, think its a JBL 1000W no idea what the amp is. What is a dmm and how can I do that ?

Yeah, my dad has one ithink, which wires would I need to test, as I dont know which ones go to which speakers ?

If you can open the front dash panel to access your car radio, disconnect the speaker wires from the head unit then, use a 1.5v penlight battery, use each speaker wire that you disconnected from the car radio to see if they make scratching sound.

Use the penlight battery to connect to each pair of speaker, do this to both front and back left hand side,   If the speaker crackles when power goes through them, then they are not dead, so its your head unit.  This is another way of testing speakers with low voltage across the speaker wires feeding to the speakers.

Try this if you don't have a multi meter.

Yeah, my dad has one ithink, which wires would I need to test, as I dont know which ones go to which speakers ?
trace it from the head unit. Meaning the left front and left rear from hu should be connected to the lf and lr speaker. You may find the problem just by taking your panels off to get to the speakers. If not you can test continuity. You may have a short to ground or simply not connected. If not you can do the battery test to see if speakers make any noise and or get an ohm load reading on the speakers. Kinda doubt you blew two at the same time but anything is possible I suppose.

How can I test the speakers using the wires in the diagram? I know that the purple and green wires are the speaker wires but not sure for which side and how to test them ? I have a dmm, how can I test them using this and do I need the ignition on when I’m doing it ? 

448D26CE-E3E7-42F1-8172-CEAFA7A8C433.jpeg

7D1AC49C-85B9-4D7C-98F6-EF68D47677EC.jpeg

How can I test the speakers using the wires in the diagram? I know that the purple and green wires are the speaker wires but not sure for which side and how to test them ? I have a dmm, how can I test them using this and do I need the ignition on when I’m doing it ? 

View attachment 2859

View attachment 2860
Yeah your head units manual will have a diagram showing the colors for left and right front and rear. Looks like green green black white white black purple purple black grey grey black are your speaker wires. Black stripe are the negative solid positive.  You can disconnect the harness from the hu. Touch the pin with the dmm lead take the other lead and connect it to the + or - whichever 1 you're trying to test at the speaker. If continuity is good the dmm should beep. To make sure your dmm is set right touch the two leads together b 4 u test and it should beep.

Pic is showing where u need to set dmm. No you don't need ignition on. You will probably need to use an pice of wire to get the lead to the speaker. Speaker wire will work. Just wrap the bare wire  around the lead then other end of wire to the wire you're testing at the speaker ya know. Easiest to set up speaker end first then take lead and touch the pin. If it doesn't beep try the other pin + -  just in case its hooked up reverse polarity.

Did you wire  the harness yourself?

20181207_172845.jpg

I have connected the subwoofer to the rear speaker wires on the wires coming out the headunit as it gives the subwoofer much more clarity (got told to do this by a car audio installer) not sure why it works but it does. Anyway, is there any way to do this without me taking the speaker out as I can't get to the speaker terminals without taking the whole door cards off ?

I have connected the subwoofer to the rear speaker wires on the wires coming out the headunit as it gives the subwoofer much more clarity (got told to do this by a car audio installer) not sure why it works but it does. Anyway, is there any way to do this without me taking the speaker out as I can't get to the speaker terminals without taking the whole door cards off ?
huh? subwoofer is hooked to the rear speaker wires from head unit? smh

what have you got exactly?  what hu are u using?single voice coil jbl sub?do u have a sub amplifier? do u have rca wires from hu to amp?

no you need to take panels off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.