Need help installing 2din multimedia on 2012 Yaris

Participant count
  • Participant list

avi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi

I own a 2012 Toyota Yaris (model NSP130) and I would like to install a double din unit that I've purchased from China. I want to install it without making any alterations in the vehicle harness, so I've purchased the two connectors that are supposed to match the connectors on the original harness. if I got it right, one connector is the radio (voltage and the speakers) and the other one is for the steering wheel controls. so, what I need to know is the function of each wire, so that I will be able to make the connections to the connector that was supplied with the new HU. 

Thanx  

Hi

I own a 2012 Toyota Yaris (model NSP130) and I would like to install a double din unit that I've purchased from China. I want to install it without making any alterations in the vehicle harness, so I've purchased the two connectors that are supposed to match the connectors on the original harness. if I got it right, one connector is the radio (voltage and the speakers) and the other one is for the steering wheel controls. so, what I need to know is the function of each wire, so that I will be able to make the connections to the connector that was supplied with the new HU. 

Thanx  
There should be instructions in/on the package with the aftermarket wiring harnesses. 

Thanx for the swift response, however my question was regarding the wires on the vehicle original harness, what is every wire's function?

As per the aftermarket HU - unsurprisingly, there is no manual supplied with it, only a picture showing the wires on the connector labeled with their function (batt, gnd, acc, speakers and so on). btw- I guess that it should be connected to the batt (+12v) constantly and to the gnd and then connect the "acc"  to the +12v in order to turn it on. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.