avi

Need help installing 2din multimedia on 2012 Yaris

Hi

I own a 2012 Toyota Yaris (model NSP130) and I would like to install a double din unit that I've purchased from China. I want to install it without making any alterations in the vehicle harness, so I've purchased the two connectors that are supposed to match the connectors on the original harness. if I got it right, one connector is the radio (voltage and the speakers) and the other one is for the steering wheel controls. so, what I need to know is the function of each wire, so that I will be able to make the connections to the connector that was supplied with the new HU. 

Thanx  

55 minutes ago, avi said:

Hi

I own a 2012 Toyota Yaris (model NSP130) and I would like to install a double din unit that I've purchased from China. I want to install it without making any alterations in the vehicle harness, so I've purchased the two connectors that are supposed to match the connectors on the original harness. if I got it right, one connector is the radio (voltage and the speakers) and the other one is for the steering wheel controls. so, what I need to know is the function of each wire, so that I will be able to make the connections to the connector that was supplied with the new HU. 

Thanx  

There should be instructions in/on the package with the aftermarket wiring harnesses. 

Thanx for the swift response, however my question was regarding the wires on the vehicle original harness, what is every wire's function?

As per the aftermarket HU - unsurprisingly, there is no manual supplied with it, only a picture showing the wires on the connector labeled with their function (batt, gnd, acc, speakers and so on). btw- I guess that it should be connected to the batt (+12v) constantly and to the gnd and then connect the "acc"  to the +12v in order to turn it on. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now