Best Amp for single 12” Fi Alpha

Participant count
  • Participants list

Megadave06

Looking for opinions on what budget amp would be best with a Fi alpha 12. It’s going in a 1.4 cu ft sealed enclosure under the seat of my 17’ Silverado crew cab. Looking for something that can be played for a couple hours at a time without overheating. I’m thinking 800w RMS would be ideal and I’ve narrowed it down to these three (but open to other options)

Soundqubed S1-850

Skar RP-800.1d

Pioneer GM-D8601

Looking for opinions on what budget amp would be best with a Fi alpha 12. It’s going in a 1.4 cu ft sealed enclosure under the seat of my 17’ Silverado crew cab. Looking for something that can be played for a couple hours at a time without overheating. I’m thinking 800w RMS would be ideal and I’ve narrowed it down to these three (but open to other options)

Soundqubed S1-850

Skar RP-800.1d

Pioneer GM-D8601
SoundQubed gets my vote of the two.

Or even the Synergy 1k: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/synergy-audio-efa-1k.html 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions guys, that synergy looks like a good amp too, and is on sale for $129 on their website. After researching a lil bit...it seems like I should have an amp that has a slightly higher rms than the sub. Does the sealed enclosure affect this as well? Should it be even higher rms? What would be ideal...1000w or 1200w? 

Thanks for the suggestions guys, that synergy looks like a good amp too, and is on sale for $129 on their website. After researching a lil bit...it seems like I should have an amp that has a slightly higher rms than the sub. Does the sealed enclosure affect this as well? Should it be even higher rms? What would be ideal...1000w or 1200w? 
the synergy is a nice amp but if u wanta stay cheaper and u sure u staying sealed u can get the pioneer 9601, pretty cheap and it really does 1200rms.. just set gain low but if u ever need more power u will have it., they are decent amps.. they just don't have ss filter which i recommend for ported boxes but u won't need that.. if u think u will want sub to be loud and may get ported box later get a good 1k-1200rms amp that has ss filter (even audiopipe 1500 does about 1300rms $128 or so) on thses higher rms amps u would wanta set gain low but gives u "headroom"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.