help choosing speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

justmysideofthestory

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was wondering if I could get opinions/help on buying speakers.  I'd like to get some for my husband's truck for a gift.  He has a 2007 chevy silverado 1500 classic body.  Pretty sure it just has the four speakers and stock radio.  He wants to replace the radio someday, but I don't know when.  He doesn't blast the radio, but he does like bass and is somewhat picky on sound.  The speakers that are in there now are horrible, very rattly/staticy/whatever it is.  They sound bad.  I was looking at the Kicker 43DSC6504 and the guy from crutchfield recommended the  Kenwood KFC-1666S, but the reviews stating lack of bass on that one scare me.  What he told me makes a lot of sense - "When it comes to bass not a lot of speakers are going to have a lot of bass when using factory or an aftermarket radio for power just because it isn't what they are designed for.  Kicker and Kenwood are actually two speakers brands that have a bit more bass presence than others but the Kenwoods are actually going to be a more full sound because of the limited power.", but I'd like your opinion as well.  What speakers would be a good buy?

I was wondering if I could get opinions/help on buying speakers.  I'd like to get some for my husband's truck for a gift.  He has a 2007 chevy silverado 1500 classic body.  Pretty sure it just has the four speakers and stock radio.  He wants to replace the radio someday, but I don't know when.  He doesn't blast the radio, but he does like bass and is somewhat picky on sound.  The speakers that are in there now are horrible, very rattly/staticy/whatever it is.  They sound bad.  I was looking at the Kicker 43DSC6504 and the guy from crutchfield recommended the  Kenwood KFC-1666S, but the reviews stating lack of bass on that one scare me.  What he told me makes a lot of sense - "When it comes to bass not a lot of speakers are going to have a lot of bass when using factory or an aftermarket radio for power just because it isn't what they are designed for.  Kicker and Kenwood are actually two speakers brands that have a bit more bass presence than others but the Kenwoods are actually going to be a more full sound because of the limited power.", but I'd like your opinion as well.  What speakers would be a good buy?
Buy him some sound deadening. Properly installed that'll give him the best bass response. Nioco on Amazon is decent budget friendly. Sonic electronics might have the nvx sound deadening on sale. I've used both. Both are pretty good. The nvx is thicker but the nioco is cheaper. I don't have a opinion on either of the speakers. No experience with either of them. 

Crutchfield might be telling you the ones they get the best profit margin on idk. Id consider jbl or infinity they make pretty good speakers for the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.