Need design/cuts 12" Fi SSD

Participant count
  • Participants list

YourNameHere
10+ year member

CarAudio.com VIP
need a vented box design for single 12" Fi SSD, going in back of 09 grand cherokee, powered by a DC 1.2k 1200-1400 rms, currently in 2.25 cuft tuned to 33hz with roughly 28 sq in of port area (prefab)... i **** at wood working but am willing to give it a shot...i need more port area (lots of vent noise)....have never tried sub up port back......shredder if you would be so kind to work your magic....im looking for a low tune i like it deep 28-30hz, 2.25-2.5 cuft....if it plots well

Last edited by a moderator:
need a vented box design for single 12" Fi SSD, going in back of 09 grand cherokee, powered by a DC 1.2k 1200-1400 rms, currently in 2.25 cuft tuned to 33hz with roughly 28 sq in of port area (prefab)... i **** at wood working but am willing to give it a shot...i need more port area (lots of vent noise)....have never tried sub up port back......shredder if you would be so kind to work your magic....im looking for a low tune i like it deep 28-30..if it plots well
I can see what I can come up with...28-30hz tune... cool.

Whats the width between the wheelwells?.. I'll try to fill that width as much as possible if youd like.

Sub up/port back no problem. 

Want it simple or semi-involved? 

I'd do the latter... it might be easier than you think.

max width 44"

depth 15-16" max

height 16-17" max

give or take a couple inches on depth and height, whatever works

some what flat response/ slight peak in the 40hz range.....looking at 2.5 cuft max....dimensions given are just max im willing to give up....gotta leave room for groceries if the wife wants to take it to the store ya know

if that low of a tune wont work, 32-34hz range.....really more concerned about getting more port area than i currently have...but thought i might try something different...got all winter to f*ck around in the garage

20180909_144814.jpg

Yeah... it looks like you needed a bit more port for sure, so I went ahead and ported it for full rated as IIRC it likes big power (2k+)... you got the space.

Depth I came up with is minimum for that amount of port and configuration btw so it'll fit in there nicely looks like.

heSHKr.jpg

JpIjK0.jpg
I

I made sure it's braced right so putting more power to it should be no problem... this'll dig and get loud IMO...

... you like?

looks great.....gettin me excited, testing my non-bulding skills.....can i get all cut dimensions if its not a problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.