Really nervous

Llt1980

Iowa
I'm having 2 JL 15s and about a 10 year old slash 1000 watt amp installed in a 16 Hyundai accent the alternator only puts out 90 amps stock and still stock battery when I talked to the JL dealer they said I would be fine with 4 gauge wire and it will be fine off the stock alternator/battery alone I know they are the professionals but still a little nervous I might end up replacing the alternator or burning up the wire 

Personally I would used zero guage, but I put that **** in everything. As for the 1000 watt amp in your stock alt and batt, I think you'll be ok. I ran an SAZ1500 on a stock MR2 alt and batt. Dimming at full tilt and I didn't wang with the engine off. Run it and see. 

I asked for the 0 gauge but they said the 4 gauge would be fine
4awg will be fine its rated for 150amps of current. The jl amp shouldnt pull that much. 

Going to bigger wire wont change anything on the alt / battery side, but doing the big three and finding a bigger alt or a nice battery to put right by the amp will help. 

I ran 4awg to a 120ah batt with a kicker kx2500 wire low and didnt have a problem granted I never pushed it hard for very long. That car only had a 100amp alt in it

just to help put your mind at ease, i ran a SoundQubed SQ2200.1 off 4 gauge for a few years. It ended up charring the lining of the wire just after the fuse holder, but thats because i was beating the hell out of it and pulling around 1300 watts thru it at 2 ohms lol

Should be fine.   Most of us old timers ran comparable off #4 cable and stock charging system back in the day.  Just keep an eye on the battery and replace it with a good AGM whenever it finally gives up on you.

Should be fine.   Most of us old timers ran comparable off #4 cable and stock charging system back in the day.  Just keep an eye on the battery and replace it with a good AGM whenever it finally gives up on you.
also, get a voltmeter hooked up to your power distro block at the amp rack. SoundQubed sells a good one for around $20

2 15 inch subs in an Accent? No problem

maxresdefault.jpg

There's even room for an amp

41c2Pa7+ALL.jpg

I have the box sitting in it right now there's not much room left over for anything else ill post a pic of it probably tomorrow night on here 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.