Plans for 2 punch HX2 12” ported box @35hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gotyoulooking

CarAudio.com Recruit
NYC
I was planning on getting one custom build but the cheapest quote for a 2 12” box tuned at 35hz was 350.00, so I’ve decided to build it my self, at those prices I can afford to mess up many times as I go lol. This will go in the back of a 01 Cherokee XJ. Speakers are 2 RF D2212 powerd by a RF T1500-DBCP I just purchased. Will be running them @4ohm. The recommendations are in the attachment but I’m using 2, so does that mean just double everything? I’m new to box building so any suggestions it appreciated. Amp arrives in 2 days so I’ll be shopping for the mats ASAP. Thanks

2D81B5BF-3508-445F-B99A-CB9EAAF32949.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was going to run a T1500 (decent power) on a pair of those I'd be careful with airspace and port area.

That box you put up looks like it will really limit output to me.

What space do you got available in that 01 Cherokee (H x W x D)?

What kind of condition are the subs in? Those old RF's are notorious for saggy spiders when they age. I got a pair of Power HX2s in a trade 6 years ago but the spiders were sunk down 1/2 inch so I sold them on Craigslist. 

The dim of the truck are 43”w, 32”d and about 3’h. 

I had them since new, used for about 6 months then stored. They still look new, will take pics when home. 

If I was going to run a T1500 (decent power) on a pair of those I'd be careful with airspace and port area.

That box you put up looks like it will really limit output to me.

What space do you got available in that 01 Cherokee (H x W x D)?
I might just build a sealed for now and see how they sound since I have the power to push them and that's what I had in back of the mustang. Any chance you can point me in the right direction on the dimensions of the box? I still will like to mess with a ported one by taking my time and building and hearing the difference.

In a Mustang?.. lol.. perfect... I'd try to keep it smallish volume wise with that power if it was me and look for output over extension. I'd build something the sub would like as that's pretty decent power your planning to run. Offhand I don't know what'll fit dimension-wise but this looked nice for me on that power (and it wont limit output). I'd just set the SSF with that tune in mind.

dBbTeN.jpg

That amp will really find the subs limits IMHO.

The subs look ok, just be careful of the one that is sagging a little.

Mustangs are a ***** and a half to get a decent sized box in. My gf has a 2017 and i had to load a 2x10 ported box through the backseat. Max dimensions for that box are like 32w 13h and 22 deep iirc. Anything bigger will not fit and I have to load the box into the car empty and then mount the subs cuz they stick out too far to get the box into the car. 

In a Mustang?.. lol.. perfect... I'd try to keep it smallish volume wise with that power if it was me and look for output over extension. I'd build something the sub would like as that's pretty decent power your planning to run. Offhand I don't know what'll fit dimension-wise but this looked nice for me on that power (and it wont limit output). I'd just set the SSF with that tune in mind.

That amp will really find the subs limits IMHO.

The subs look ok, just be careful of the one that is sagging a little.

Mustangs are a ***** and a half to get a decent sized box in. My gf has a 2017 and i had to load a 2x10 ported box through the backseat. Max dimensions for that box are like 32w 13h and 22 deep iirc. Anything bigger will not fit and I have to load the box into the car empty and then mount the subs cuz they stick out too far to get the box into the car. 
The mustang was the car I bought the speakers for back in the day and ran them in there, and yeah getting it in was a pita. They are going in the 01 Cherokee XJ. Crazy to think I used to power 2 6x9 and both subs with my RF P800.4. Now I’m using the P800.4 for 4 - 6 1/2 Db652 and got the T1500 for the subs. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.