highest efficiency amp and sub combo for 100 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

patatewz

CarAudio.com Recruit
hi, my nissan leaf can give me only 100amp from my dc/dc inverter. so how i can max the use of these 100 amp?

i can use a 6ft3 box. so i need to find a sub with a very high sensitivity? what other spec i need to check? for the amp i need to only check the rms output?

thanks.

hi, my nissan leaf can give me only 100amp from my dc/dc inverter. so how i can max the use of these 100 amp?

i can use a 6ft3 box. so i need to find a sub with a very high sensitivity? what other spec i need to check? for the amp i need to only check the rms output?

thanks.
Is that true continuous 100A?  Does that hurt your range?

I've been running Zed Audio Leviathan on my fronts for many years now and even when I was using it for 4 channel + sub duty I didn't open 60A fuse.   The nice thing about the Zed amps are they switch rail voltage real time up and down so that they run more efficient at all power levels.    Anyway, they're not the smallest class D (since they use regulated power supply) but overall they will probably be the most efficient.   Look at his lineup if you've got a decent budget.

Brazilian amps are also known to be efficient and are always small footprint as are MMATS if you want to get into full bridge but have something made in USA.

Pick amp(s) then you can decide on sub(s).   Also best let us know your goals. 

Think RF amps have that ripple tech and do good efficiency but are a bit costly. 

A lot of the newer Orion state 88% but who’s knows in the field 

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the dc converter can give 100 amp continus.  but not more so i need to run my amps with a 100 amp fuse at 12v +. 

i will check your choice of amp thanks. my goal listen good music with a good hump in bass side. so i think i will trade my dd z serie 18 inch sub.

hmm zed audio seem to be out of buinesse and i dont find brezilan sub amp...  maybe you can give me some model number?

hmm zed audio seem to be out of buinesse and i dont find brezilan sub amp...  maybe you can give me some model number?
I communicate with Stephen regularly, I'm sure he is still in the amp business.  Really he strikes me as the kind of guy who will keep doing this until the day he dies.

http://zedaudiocorp.com/

I think SSA sells his amps or you could probably just call Stephen.

Taramps is popular these days for Brazilian, I've run Stetsom in the past with good results.  Soundigital and Banda are also Brazilian.  The Brazilian amps are rather dubious reliability and quality control so buy new with warranty through an established dealer if you go that route would be my advice.

You might try to build up a box and audition that Z and see how it goes on low power but likely you could do better with something a bit more tailored to the sort of power you'd actually be able to supply.

ok so this morning i go to the woodshop for my box i will try ma little amp for the fun of it and check for a new amp this week thanks a lot for your help!!!

Check out theamplab.net for some good deals on refurb Sundown and some other good brands.   You could probably get yourself into a 1500 even and just run an 80A fuse on it so that you'll be sure to open it before you went too far into the 100A limit.  Might even go ahead and start with 60A fuse and see how that goes, you may well not ever even open that.  Keep in mind a fuse can pass quite a bit more current than its rating in short periods of time without opening.

i got the saz-1200d used here for 200$ (150us) with the remote.

seem to be a good little amp. will give you a review when i will plug it.

i got the saz-1200d used here for 200$ (150us) with the remote.

seem to be a good little amp. will give you a review when i will plug it.
That's a very fair price.   I've used the old SAZ 3000 and 1500 and they were both solid performers.   Should do fairly well.

Another thought, it wouldn't be cheap and it would be an awful shame to tear down that Z but if you wanted to rebuild that with a really light cone+coil and very soft suspension you could actually make it crazy efficient at the expense of power handling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.