Odd head unit action-title scrolls one time, stops

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mike Reese

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 'Ebay' special Chinese made head unit in my old car (a '01 Accord, desperation buy) with touchscreen, bluetooth, etc... well, since I've had it. it works well enough for my purposes, and I like the mp3 tags showing on screen, but long song titles and such don't show in full. Not a problem. BUT. Just yesterday I put new music on the USB drive I have for it, and on ONE album, and just that one, the titles started to scroll!! The next album? No. I took the USB drive and looked at the files in my PC. Nothing different from the first time I put them on there. So I put the drive back...and the titles on that album DID NOT scroll this time. I'm not losing sleep over it, but do any of you have an idea of what happened here?

I have a 'Ebay' special Chinese made head unit in my old car (a '01 Accord, desperation buy) with touchscreen, bluetooth, etc... well, since I've had it. it works well enough for my purposes, and I like the mp3 tags showing on screen, but long song titles and such don't show in full. Not a problem. BUT. Just yesterday I put new music on the USB drive I have for it, and on ONE album, and just that one, the titles started to scroll!! The next album? No. I took the USB drive and looked at the files in my PC. Nothing different from the first time I put them on there. So I put the drive back...and the titles on that album DID NOT scroll this time. I'm not losing sleep over it, but do any of you have an idea of what happened here?
does that one album have ID3 tags and the others not? Plug it into a computer and go into the details of the titles that scroll and compare them to the ones that done. Look for the ID3 tag section

Thanks for replying...yes, that album, well, all of them have ID3 tags. All of them. I'm now thinking it's some fluke with the unit. I went through the tags again, checked them with my MP3 editor, again, and some that previously showed proper album art didn't, even though I didn't change them in that last check. I'm still wondering, though..

Thanks for replying...yes, that album, well, all of them have ID3 tags. All of them. I'm now thinking it's some fluke with the unit. I went through the tags again, checked them with my MP3 editor, again, and some that previously showed proper album art didn't, even though I didn't change them in that last check. I'm still wondering, though..
can you try it on a different deck?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.