Mike Reese

Odd head unit action-title scrolls one time, stops

I have a 'Ebay' special Chinese made head unit in my old car (a '01 Accord, desperation buy) with touchscreen, bluetooth, etc... well, since I've had it. it works well enough for my purposes, and I like the mp3 tags showing on screen, but long song titles and such don't show in full. Not a problem. BUT. Just yesterday I put new music on the USB drive I have for it, and on ONE album, and just that one, the titles started to scroll!! The next album? No. I took the USB drive and looked at the files in my PC. Nothing different from the first time I put them on there. So I put the drive back...and the titles on that album DID NOT scroll this time. I'm not losing sleep over it, but do any of you have an idea of what happened here?

On 12/1/2018 at 12:43 AM, Mike Reese said:

I have a 'Ebay' special Chinese made head unit in my old car (a '01 Accord, desperation buy) with touchscreen, bluetooth, etc... well, since I've had it. it works well enough for my purposes, and I like the mp3 tags showing on screen, but long song titles and such don't show in full. Not a problem. BUT. Just yesterday I put new music on the USB drive I have for it, and on ONE album, and just that one, the titles started to scroll!! The next album? No. I took the USB drive and looked at the files in my PC. Nothing different from the first time I put them on there. So I put the drive back...and the titles on that album DID NOT scroll this time. I'm not losing sleep over it, but do any of you have an idea of what happened here?

does that one album have ID3 tags and the others not? Plug it into a computer and go into the details of the titles that scroll and compare them to the ones that done. Look for the ID3 tag section

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Thanks for replying...yes, that album, well, all of them have ID3 tags. All of them. I'm now thinking it's some fluke with the unit. I went through the tags again, checked them with my MP3 editor, again, and some that previously showed proper album art didn't, even though I didn't change them in that last check. I'm still wondering, though..

7 hours ago, Mike Reese said:

Thanks for replying...yes, that album, well, all of them have ID3 tags. All of them. I'm now thinking it's some fluke with the unit. I went through the tags again, checked them with my MP3 editor, again, and some that previously showed proper album art didn't, even though I didn't change them in that last check. I'm still wondering, though..

can you try it on a different deck?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

15 hours ago, youdoofus said:

can you try it on a different deck?

Gonna give that a try...but not too soon. More important matters have popped up. Thanks for your feedback!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now