Need help designing amp rack

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mitchc1113

So I'm kind of stuck as to the best way to fabricate something to mount my amps & other components on. I'm going to be mounting them underneath my rear seats in my 2018 Silverado Double cab. I have the high transmission so I have the middle transmission hump to deal with and then even more contours under each seat, really isnt an easy space to work with. So after a lot of searching and thinking the best option IMO right now is this:

I still have my under seat box that I had in before getting a box custom made. This box is designed specifically for the double cabs so it fits the contours of the floor. So I was thinking of copying the design of the box, the 2 sides of the box contour with the floor and they're the only part that actually touch the floor. I was thinking I could copy those 2 pieces and either use another piece of wood to mount on top of them that runs all the way across creating a shelf (only possible issue with this is I'd have to have it be raised enough to clear the transmission hump so I'm not sure how much clearance I'd have once I tried mounting everything and folding the seats down...

The other idea is still use the 2 side pieces as a base, but then kinda copying the bottom of the subwoofer box, making 2 seperate chambers connected by a middle piece that lays on top of the transmission hump. So I'd essentially have 2 little boxes I could put my amps in, then I could leave it uncovered or I could make 2 plexi tops to enclose them and then use the middle connecting piece to mount my components on (,distro blocks, relay box, etc... that obviously wouldnt be covered by anything as itd be just 1 piece of wood...

Using the subwoofer box I think is prob the easiest way to work with the anything but flat floor, I dont want to use fiberglass so doing something that's raised above the floor is the only thing I can really think of, but I think for the look I'm goin for itll do.

None of my amps are more than 4 months old and I have some really nice components. A green acrylic custom relay box that has led lighting, a green acrylic distro block, a nice chrome ground distro block and a few other odds and ends I can't think of. Point being, I didnt spend the kinda $ I put down on these items to have them hidden, ya know? They're definitely show case install pieces so I'd like to have a nice amp rack to show them off.

Heres a couple pictures of the box and then a few amp racks that I like the looks of. My 1st choice would be the 1st rack with the under lit lighting. I'd love to re create that kind of look

20180602_122623.jpg

20180603_131313.jpg

o-1.jpg

gmcsierra-18.jpg

e5cd6207d98b9304551343def9cdda78.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.