ohm question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boombee

CarAudio.com Newbie
i have a kicker iq 1000.1 amp at 2ohms its rated at 1000watts rms. I have two kicker subs, dvc 2ohms. I was able to wire them up so I have a final impedance of 2.5ohms. when I connect the speakers to the amp the final impedance drops down to 1ohm or less sometimes. this is causing my amp to go into protection mode. is this common? if someone can clarify this or give me some insight on this I would greatly appreciate it. 

sounds like a short in the wiring itself.  as in, you have speaker wire strands that are touching causing a slight short.  This can occur at any connection.  In general, if you can see any of the wiring strands, the connection isn't secure. Pics would be helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hell... Run It.. You will be ok @ that Ohm load(2.67). Just dont go below 2ohms and you will be fine. 2ohms is the lowest stability of that...
The HU us likley 12-15 x 4 at best so yes, using an amp will be hugely beneficial, night and day. The HU us not going to drive a sub to any...
What is the impedance of each set of terminals,assuming they represent each of the two dual voice coil subs (4 coils total)? How many sets of +/-...
Not all chargers are the same and charge and different rates. Any battery will deplete in that type of weather if you do not crank the vehicle for...
Brand new 210 shipped TECHNICAL INFORMATION OPERATION CLASSClass D NUMBER OF CHANNELS01 MAXIMUM POWER@ 12.6 VDC - 1 OHM: 3000W RMS @ 12.6 VDC -...

About this thread

Boombee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Boombee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
keep_hope_alive