Screw went in the pole vent..

Participant count
  • Participant list
How narrow is the vent?   If somehow it's sticking out the top of the vent you can pry up the dustcap with a razor knife and flat screwdriver and use some amazing goop brand glue to set it back on after you've removed the screw.  It may not look pretty but it'll be solid and you will have the option of pulling it out from the front/top.

How narrow is the vent?   If somehow it's sticking out the top of the vent you can pry up the dustcap with a razor knife and flat screwdriver and use some amazing goop brand glue to set it back on after you've removed the screw.  It may not look pretty but it'll be solid and you will have the option of pulling it out from the front/top.
Thanks! Its a HDC4 15" so quite a wide gap, managed to take it out with some tools i dont remember the name of, but im glad i dont have to recone the whole sub, just take the dust cap off is nice know for now on👌🏻

Thanks! Its a HDC4 15" so quite a wide gap, managed to take it out with some tools i dont remember the name of, but im glad i dont have to recone the whole sub, just take the dust cap off is nice know for now on👌🏻
Old Audioque subs used to use two dustcaps.  A thin papery one then the plastic or CF wrapped one.   Same applies, gently pry/cut it off then re-glue with Amazing Goop.   If you completely slag the cap they're only a few bucks and you can leave some bits and pieces of it on the cone and it won't hurt performance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.