Bad subwoofer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dovydas Vilčinskas

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I was looking for vibrations in my trunk, found those plastic medicine doors vibrating,fixed. And then i noticed this....Pulled the sub out to hear more. I hear this sound at ~25% and up while i sit in front. Is it the sign of sub going bad? It still plays well i guess apart from this. Subwoofer is new, i dont play loud while its cold, but i never did some kind of break in, not the first day but probably first week i tried max volume and how it sounds.

View attachment 20181122_225648.mp4

Hey mate,  New subwoofers do need time to break in due to the stiff adhesive used.  You may wanna take it easy with low to moderate level for the next week then check again.  If the issue still persists, then seek a replacement since its still new.  Alternatively, you can take it down as soon as you can to get a replacement.  When you do get a new one, do take it easy for the first few weeks with it.  I think this is the most common mistakes people do with new subwoofers , and then they post a review on the net  to state - had it for a week used it and it died on me.    Subwoofers need time to break in, and that is all subwoofers, from entry levels to competition level so its wise to educate yourself on your gear so it can provide you years of enjoyment.   Respect you audio gear and it will serve you well. 

Hope this information is helpful to you mate!

IMG_20130930_100906.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.