What can I expect

Llt1980

Iowa
I pulled the trigger on 2 JL 15W3 they are going in a sealed box and running them off a 1000 watt slash amp and installing a alpine aftermarket deck I never had alpine before always Pioneer and one more thing all this into a little Hyundai Accent they will fit already had the box in the trunk once just waiting for the install day now

confused-black-girl-meme-png-7.png

I was just curious on what to expect from it as in how loud it should be and stuff just looking to hear from people with a similar system 

Prefab sealed box and trunk.... don't expect it to be particularly loud.  I'd say it would be miraculous if you could meter 138dB.  Should sound OK, sealed box is very forgiving and W3 should perform well enough in that alignment.

I have never been terribly impressed with W3s, but you should be plenty loud enough to fill in the missing bass from your existing radio. Probably rattle the car quite a bit. I dont know what other setups you have heard that we can compare it to.

I had 2 12w3s on the same amp a few years ago and that hit hard enough to flex house Windows 

Last edited by a moderator:
When the 15w3 1st came out, I had to get 2 of them. And I did. Hit 146.xx in a sealed enclosure in my little s10 ran on a MTX 81000D.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Llt1980

Llt1980
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe