Need help with a ported box design for my single hdc3.15. Will be going in a 98 accord coupe. 

Yea, that was the best page I've been able to find so far. Was trying to look for different ideas... but thank you 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By redsfan
      I have one 10 inch pioneer championship series pro sub in a ported box and the bass is loud but it doesn't kick at all, i guess you call that distorted? My amp is a Pioneer mono 800 watt max, and im pretty sure it is set to 400w x 2 but i don't know how to find that out or if it is automatic with your sub and radio. My head unit is a Pioneer also so how should i set the amp and radio to where the sub only kicks to the low bass and doesn't rumble to the high bass. my amp has a ; LPF switch (On/off), LPF knob (40hz-240hz), gain(6.5-.2, bass boost (0, +6, +12), My head unit has bass (0 - +6), Sub w.1 (-24- +6), sub w.2 (50hz-125hz), equalizer (5 band), hpf (off, 50-125), and loud.

How should I set these to get a nice kick (i am tired of the loud distorted high pitched bass i have it set to) it doesn't have to be that loud just to where i can hear a nice low kick, rather than a high rumble.

so basically my questions are
      1. how to tune this entire system? (please and thank you)
      2. does a loud rumble where all the bass is the same, mean distorted?
      3. the box is ported and i'm pretty sure that it is a big problem (even if the amp and everything is low, it still makes an annoying rumble). anything i can do to fix that or will tuning help?
      4. Can i add something to the box, or do anything to seal it?
      5. Lastly how do i know whether my amp is set at 800w x 1, or 400w x 2 or any of that?

please help i hate this annoying rumbling and i want a kick to the system?
    • By redsfan
      I have one 10 inch pioneer championship series pro sub in a ported box and the bass is loud but it doesn't kick at all, i guess you call that distorted? My amp is a Pioneer mono 800 watt max, and im pretty sure it is set to 400w x 2 but i don't know how to find that out or if it is automatic with your sub and radio. My head unit is a Pioneer also so how should i set the amp and radio to where the sub only kicks to the low bass and doesn't rumble to the high bass. my amp has a ; LPF switch (On/off), LPF knob (40hz-240hz), gain(6.5-.2, bass boost (0, +6, +12), My head unit has bass (0 - +6), Sub w.1 (-24- +6), sub w.2 (50hz-125hz), equalizer (5 band), hpf (off, 50-125), and loud.

How should I set these to get a nice kick (i am tired of the loud distorted high pitched bass i have it set to) it doesn't have to be that loud just to where i can hear a nice low kick, rather than a high rumble.

so basically my questions are
      1. how to tune this entire system? (please and thank you)
      2. does a loud rumble where all the bass is the same, mean distorted?
      3. the box is ported and i'm pretty sure that it is a big problem (even if the amp and everything is low, it still makes an annoying rumble). anything i can do to fix that or will tuning help?
      4. Can i add something to the box, or do anything to seal it?
      5. Lastly how do i know whether my amp is set at 800w x 1, or 400w x 2 or any of that?

please help i hate this annoying rumbling and i want a kick to the system?
    • By KylerRelyk
      So I want to make a custom box (for a jl 10w1v2-4) but I need to know if the square port length 2 if you are using reaudio's L ported speker box calculator of if "EL" if you're a jl fan can be to long. Basically can it be to long and if so how far away should it be from the box wall

(so far what i'm thinking)

width-18

height-13.5

top depth-10

bottom d-14.5

wood thickness-.75

I want a low 30's Fb
    • By script13
      Is there a way to lower the tuning of my sub box port without tearing the box apart. Here are the stats:

29W x 17.5H x 17.5D.
      It has a 4.5" slot vent thats tuned around 45ish. It has a bend but im not sure how long it is. The box is in my car with the sub still in it. But that doesnt matter regardless of that im wondering if I can just add more wood to the inside of the vent slot and the length of the box say 2" of wood to make the 4.5" opening a 2.5" opening if that will effectively lower the tuning without messing with the total port length.. Hopefully you understand what I am talking about after I read this back it sounds a bit confusing but I know the bassheads will get what im saying.. I hope you can help. Thanks in advance.
    • By BLACKxSTEALTH
      Item(s) for Sale:
      I have for sale a gently used kicker L7 subwoofer 4ohms with a $400 custom ported box and a kicker 750watt amp and all cables to hook everything up together. Whole system was used for probably a total of 3 months. Sounds amazing though.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:
      600obo

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:
      I am located in minneapolis, mn and would rather keep it local but if you really want to pay for shipping for this monster i would be happy to ship within the us.

Item Pictures:
      (List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).