Coaxial vs component

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reinholds Sturiska

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello! I have a question about what speaker type to choose for my car. So I have a volvo s40 and it has 2 front tweeters, 2 speakers in front doors and 2 in the back ontop of the shelf beneath rear window. Should I use seperate new tweeters in orginal tweeter locations or should I get component speakers for my front door and tweeter? Or should I just get new tweeters in old location and coaxial speakers for both doors and rear? Basically the question is can there be too much tweeters in a car? Maybe the front should be component and back should only be the speaker w./o the tweeter? Im confused. :D  Thanks in advance

Hello! I have a question about what speaker type to choose for my car. So I have a volvo s40 and it has 2 front tweeters, 2 speakers in front doors and 2 in the back ontop of the shelf beneath rear window. Should I use seperate new tweeters in orginal tweeter locations or should I get component speakers for my front door and tweeter? Or should I just get new tweeters in old location and coaxial speakers for both doors and rear? Basically the question is can there be too much tweeters in a car? Maybe the front should be component and back should only be the speaker w./o the tweeter? Im confused. :D  Thanks in advance
Yes, there can be such a thing as too much tweeters. You want to focus all your attention to the front stage before even touching the rears. Get a nice set of components and hook up a nice amp to it. Forget about rears until you feel like you're satisfied with your fronts and then add rear speakers as rear fill to fill the void. Many of us actually don't run rears at all as it distracts from the front stage. 

I agree with blazin, put your money into the front component speakers, and forget about the rear, unless you are doing some elaborate surround sound system.

I would go with component speakers - the coaxes skimp on the crossover. You need a good crossover for a flat response, it's one of the most important things in a speaker.

Find out the specific size that fits your car then go and audition some at your local car audio shops.  After the audition, you can narrow down the speakers to your liking.  You will find your original car will have limited sound deadening or hardly any so if you do attempt to change your front doors, sound deadening at the same time would be a wise approach on the long run and your speakers will have better mid-bass response up front so highly recommended to do regardless of which speaker you would purchase.

Thanks for sharing mate!

1500779127188.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.