Need some help identifying 18 inch sun

proatv13

BASS BOOM BOTTOM
Hello everyone my name is Ryan and I’m from Mesa Arizona. I have a 18 inch subwoofer that I got off a guy who didn’t know anything about it. He thought it was a jl audio but come to find out that is just a dust cap glued on. I have it hooked up to a old school ROckford Fosgate db1000.1 and it sounds decent but I think I’m under powering it. I’m hoping someone can help me identify this thing so I can figure out what it is , and what it can do. Thanks boys

3AED6048-A417-4FB2-994C-12F8AC908C34.png

unknown.jpeg

If I had to guess it’s probably something fat pat at robot underground cobbled together I.e. a frankenwoofer 
Patrick mostly used motors and parts he bought from the TC bankruptcy and had his own dustcap with logo.  That's no TC motor and I don't think TC used that style frame either. 

Might well be something off the shelf that someone just put the JL dustcap on.

Patrick mostly used motors and parts he bought from the TC bankruptcy and had his own dustcap with logo.  That's no TC motor and I don't think TC used that style frame either. 

Might well be something off the shelf that someone just put the JL dustcap on.
I think his tc supply has been gone, when I lived in Phoenix he was selling subs he called sundown rebuilds and they had jl audio dust caps...I think he just buys lots of stuff cheap as possible and uses it. He does have subs that he puts his dust cap and logo on but he also sells random ass sbuilds. 

53F81EDB-6E87-4DBA-B73F-09CBA9B88134.jpeg

960305CD-B0EB-422E-9ABD-EE41C0B45E75.jpeg

With the op living in Mesa where robot underground is located I’d bet you could swing by and ask pat if he built it chances are if he didn’t someone in his “apprenticeship” did 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.