Multi speaker install

Participant count
  • Participant list

flhtci2006

CarAudio.com Newbie
Is this okay:

I'm looking at the Pyle PLRVST400 for my RV.  I have 4 speakers inside the RV and 2 outside.  I also have a Kenwood KAC-6406 external amp.  The Pyle has 3 zones for speakers.  I want to have 1 zone (zone 1) using the Pyle amp for one set of inside speakers and one zone (zone 2) from the Pyle amp for the second set of inside speakers.  Can I connect the Pyle RCA out to the Kenwood amp and have it control the outside speakers as zone 3?  If that won't work, can I connect the zone 3 Pyle speaker wires to the amp or would that overload the amp?

The manual for the Pyle PLRVST400 doesn't identify what zone the RCA outputs are for. 

https://www.pyleusa.com/media/custom/upload/PLRVST400.pdf

You can test that to determine and then just label your zones accordingly (for example, Zone A may have to be the exterior if that is tied to the RCA output). 

Otherwise, the Kenwood KAC-6406 has high level inputs and, though not ideal, you can connect the amplified output from the Pyle to the high-level input on the Kenwood so zoning works as you intend.

Thank you for the response.  The Kenwood amp does indeed have the speaker levelinputs but, the factory that made the RV did not include it with the unit.  The harness I need is not available as a separate purchase.  I tried thru Kenwood.  As for the Pyle PLRVST400, the really only reason I chose it was it was the size of the compartment it goes into.  We're not audiphiles and in fact we're deaf-ish old people.  We just need reasonable quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the response.  The Kenwood amp does indeed have the speaker levelinputs but, the factory that made the RV did not include it with the unit.  The harness I need is not available as a separate purchase.  I tried thru Kenwood.  As for the Pyle PLRVST400, the really only reason I chose it was it was the size of the compartment it goes into.  We're not audiphiles and in fact we're deaf-ish old people.  We just need reasonable quality.
Pacparts.com sells parts for amplifiers and head units, but that harness is pricey

http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model_id=KAC6406&mfg=Kenwood&back=0&action=list_part

After you test the RCA output that is on the Pyle, you can just revise zone labels as I mention.

Yes, I know of this harness.  Actually it could be purchased thru Kenwood for $55 +/-  but, I can get a new amp for $30 more.  I did purchase a harness for about $6 that is for the KAC-9106.  Looking at the connector as drawn in the manual, it looks the same.  But, thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.