Sign in to follow this  
youdoofus

Darlington transistors, whats the deal???

so, i have used the googles to try to find out what the big deal about using darlington transistors is, or even triple darlington. Why is this a big thing? I know this might get me some trolling, but im just curious is all and the googles hasnt given me a darlington vs other types of transistors and why darlington is better

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Why are you asking us this in the Dome, bruh? It's a single NPN device but a tandem circuit, second one building off the first. Not sure if they make a PNP.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_transistor

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

And this place looks like shit.

Can you admin/developer types stop tweaking shit every other day? Fucking gay icons, colors, bubbles and stats all over the place is a bit much. It doesn't look like a car audio forum, it looks like faycbook. But I guess that's what you're going for, huh? SHARE SHARE SHARE, LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!!!!! COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER, WHO'S ON THE LEADERBOARD? WHO'S GOT THE MOST FOLLOWERS? I remember when they were called friends, not followers.

How long before the algorithms start flagging shit for the social credit system? We need this to be the safest, fairest, PC culture around, you know. Wouldn't want any of these snowflakes getting their feelings hurt.

Edited by ciaonzo

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

31 minutes ago, ciaonzo said:

Can you admin/developer types stop tweaking shit every other day? Fucking gay icons, colors, bubbles and stats all over the place is a bit much. It doesn't look like a car audio forum, it looks like faycbook. But I guess that's what you're going for, huh? SHARE SHARE SHARE, LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!!!!! COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER, WHO'S ON THE LEADERBOARD? WHO'S GOT THE MOST FOLLOWERS? I remember when they were called friends, not followers.

How long before the algorithms start flagging shit for the social credit system? We need this to be the safest, fairest, PC culture around, you know. Wouldn't want any of these snowflakes getting their feelings hurt.

Glad you're back. This site is turning into a DUMP fast. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, ciaonzo said:

You would be a lot less grumpy if you had put together a nice box and thrown two or three nice TC subs on 5K this summer.

Site is surprisingly active for this time of year anyway, I'm still not a huge fan of the makeover.

Yup, keeps changing....

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Wrong section but love the site. Glad @ciaonzo is back and @hispls is right, activity is up.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

21 hours ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Glad you're back. This site is turning into a DUMP fast. 

For as little as I post anymore, I'm surprised someone would notice my absence at all.

19 hours ago, hispls said:

You would be a lot less grumpy if you had put together a nice box and thrown two or three nice TC subs on 5K this summer.

Site is surprisingly active for this time of year anyway, I'm still not a huge fan of the makeover.

I did sound like a grumpy old man there, didn't I? I just need moar bass in my life, lol.

I also wanted to make my quarterly post as sensational as I could in this Orwellian/Kardashian time of living. You'll forgive me, I tend to get all Bill Burr once in a while.

I see some minor changes even since making those remarks, so I would also add that it's a welcome sight to have an active admin. Tip my hat to that.

17 hours ago, Boomin_tahoe said:

Yup, keeps changing....

What'ya think... you like it?

17 hours ago, Slo_Ride said:

Wrong section but love the site. Glad @ciaonzo is back and @hispls is right, activity is up.

Thanks, dude. I see you been keeping the random pic thread going strong. I look at that at least once a week.

Edited by ciaonzo

1 hour ago, ciaonzo said:

For as little as I post anymore, I'm surprised someone would notice my absence at all.

You are one of the few members on here that are more knowledgeable than myself. I respect and appreciate what you contribute so I noticed your absence right away. 

giphy.gif

On 11/16/2018 at 11:49 AM, ciaonzo said:

I did sound like a grumpy old man there, didn't I? I just need moar bass in my life, lol.

I also wanted to make my quarterly post as sensational as I could in this Orwellian/Kardashian time of living. You'll forgive me, I tend to get all Bill Burr once in a while.

I see some minor changes even since making those remarks, so I would also add that it's a welcome sight to have an active admin. Tip my hat to that.

Thanks, dude. I see you been keeping the random pic thread going strong. I look at that at least once a week.

Not particularly. I think the old style is better. But I guess there's no pleasing everybody. One thing's for certain: uploading pics is much easier than how it was.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

On 11/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, ciaonzo said:

Hell, I even started a random vid thread.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this