Car amp inside house, Ground?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hey,

i have a system in my car that i have to take out, ive allways wanted to test it in my room, but how do i ground the amp/batteries?

i have two 120ah batteries and a 2.5k amp powering two hdc4-15s, i wont be using any alt/distrubitor just the batteries (worked fine in the car) (yes no alt, voltage drop fine just 0.3 max) but there i had the intire car as a ground,

**so, are the negative terminals on the batteries good enough ground?**

i really appreciate any input from you guys:) 

yes, just battery positive and negative terminals are needed.

you need fuses, obviously, so you don't set your house on fire if a short happens. 

you also need a way to charge the batteries, so a battery charger is needed at some point but not for short testing.

Another alternative is you can purchase a AC/DC converter from an electronic shops.  You can get up to 40amps and that is more than enough juice to get loud in the house since the speakers are directly in front of you and so is a subwoofer if you happen to have one lying around that you can use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.